orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Will the plates affect the ride?
No the plates will not affect the ride. They only give you the ability to dial in a little more negative camber for track use. Even if you do not plan on tracking the car you should have your dealer install them now as the installation costs are included with the package.
Sponsored

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
The Drone would be awesome, but unfortunately I do not have one. I called Ford Performance today as well, and they noted the R was delivered there on 5/20, and has not moved. No details as to why, and no confirmation if there was a Hold on them. Sounds like yours may be stuck with mine. Ford Perf said the dealer should be able to call the local rep to find out when it will be released, so that is my next step. I was excited to see "in transit" and a delivery date over a month ago, but now the wait is not for stripes, steering wheel, etc, its some other mysterious Ford magic that is pulling the strings.

My non R was shipped on 5/10 and arrived at the rail yard in Phoenix at least 2 weeks ago that I know of. As far as I know it is still sitting in the parking lot of the rail yard. Do you have a drone we can go down together and check them out.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The Drone would be awesome, but unfortunately I do not have one. I called Ford Performance today as well, and they noted the R was delivered there on 5/20, and has not moved. No details as to why, and no confirmation if there was a Hold on them. Sounds like yours may be stuck with mine. Ford Perf said the dealer should be able to call the local rep to find out when it will be released, so that is my next step. I was excited to see "in transit" and a delivery date over a month ago, but now the wait is not for stripes, steering wheel, etc, its some other mysterious Ford magic that is pulling the strings.
My dealer called his Ford rep. He called me back and told me that I would be very glad to hear that my car along with some other GT350's were on hold and selected to have a QC check done on them. I told him that did not make me happy and to tell them to just ship the car and I would do the QC check. Of course I took all this information with a grain of salt as I think it is just BS. I have two other GT350 VIN numbers that I have been tracking that are also stuck in the Phoenix rail yard.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I figured I would wait awhile before troubling my dealer, but I have not yet received the or the welcome package with the display crank, car cover, camber plates (I did order the handling package, and the gurney flap was in the trunk). Has anyone else received any of these things?

I considered making a new thread for this but figured I'd try here first.
Welcome Package is shipped separately from Ford Performance. If you call Ford Performance directly and provide them with your VIN they may be able to provide you with a projected ship date.

Welcome Package usually arrives 4 to 6 weeks after delivery. At least that was my experience when I purchased my previous GT350’s.

Then again, the 2019 year of the GT350 has been anything but normal so the packages could end up being held because the display cranks are unavailable for one reason or another.

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
My dealer called his Ford rep. He called me back and told me that I would be very glad to hear that my car along with some other GT350's were on hold and selected to have a QC check done on them. I told him that did not make me happy and to tell them to just ship the car and I would do the QC check. Of course I took all this information with a grain of salt as I think it is just BS. I have two other GT350 VIN numbers that I have been tracking that are also stuck in the Phoenix rail yard.
If thats true, I wonder how long the QC check would take? Mine has been there since 5/20. Fingers crossed that its just QC, but I think your right, its just BS. Hopefully its just some logistical issues they are having and nothing real, or parts having to be replaced at this holding depot. If it was an ECU flash type of thing, they would just send to the dealer and have them update (unless the new flash is not ready yet).

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If thats true, I wonder how long the QC check would take? Mine has been there since 5/20. Fingers crossed that its just QC, but I think your right, its just BS. Hopefully its just some logistical issues they are having and nothing real, or parts having to be replaced at this holding depot. If it was an ECU flash type of thing, they would just send to the dealer and have them update (unless the new flash is not ready yet).
I was told the same thing. Dont believe it. Two weeks for a QC check? Not!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I was told the same thing. Dont believe it. Two weeks for a QC check? Not!
I would wonder if its a planned QC check or one due to anomalies or yield. If the later then its implied its a check & a fix (like sifter problems).....but I'm just guessing like anyone.

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
Well, another week closer to September. I, oh, so don't want to wish my Summer away, but that is when my car is supposed to be here. While I am at it, I did order the performance package with mine. I only wanted it because of the Gurney Flap. I am going to opt to not have any plates installed. Will the plates affect the ride? I am not tracking this car. I just think the flap on the spoiler makes it look great!
Just FYI I installed my gurney flap for a week or so on the street and got a bunch of small rock chips in the rear by the plate area directly above the rear diffuser exit pioints. I take it that it infact increase the aero but caused rocks to flip up and hit the bumper.. I've since removed it. I'll put it back on for track time, but tape up the rear bumper.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
***UPDATE***
Potentially Good News for those of us waiting... the Ford tracking site updated my order over this week-end to show a delivery date from 09-01-19 to 08-21-19.
That's only ten days sooner, but I'll take that as good news as it relates to the prior delays.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I thought the day would never come! Something finally changed! Hmmmmm! How long will "In Transit" status take to change. The Ford site stills shows it "In Production!" MAYBE there's a light at the end of the long Ford tunnel!
Released.jpg

Sponsored

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Ford Performance Blue with white stripes. Offsite may be the location where the transmission issue is being corrected. My vehicle was offsite for about a week and was then released for shipment.
My Ford Performance Blue with white stripes just changed from 'Produced' to 'Sent Offsite'. Thanks to this thread I hope it gets released in about a week (fingers crossed)...

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Wow! I thought the day would never come! Something finally changed! Hmmmmm! How long will "In Transit" status take to change. The Ford site stills shows it "In Production!" MAYBE there's a light at the end of the long Ford tunnel!
Released.jpg
"Released" is a HUGE hurdle! Transit is all about where you live and how the Train Gods treat you. My buddy's car shipped on 05/10 and it's STILL not at the dealership! Living the good life in a railway parking lot for weeks! :frown:

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
"Released" is a HUGE hurdle! Transit is all about where you live and how the Train Gods treat you. My buddy's car shipped on 05/10 and it's STILL not at the dealership! Living the good life in a railway parking lot for weeks! :frown:
Weeks and weeks!!!!!!!

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Just FYI I installed my gurney flap for a week or so on the street and got a bunch of small rock chips in the rear by the plate area directly above the rear diffuser exit pioints. I take it that it infact increase the aero but caused rocks to flip up and hit the bumper.. I've since removed it. I'll put it back on for track time, but tape up the rear bumper.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.