Sponsored

BLine Cat Delete Pipes

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OK, ill be that guy and start another exhaust pipe thread, LOL. Have you guys seen the BLine Performance cat delete pipes?

https://www.blinemotorsports.com/product-page/shelby-gt350-test-pipes

They’re gorgeous! So I know my questions are probably buried in a thread somewhere already, but....

What do you get with a cat delete? Volume? Some performance? How does it change the exhaust vs long tubes (with any given cat back)? Would it sound ratty compared to the nice even tuning of long tubes? Or does it still sound great?

The debate over running these with O2 extenders and no tune? Safe? No CEL (apparently). Pretty good, but obviously not as good as a tune?

I think what I’m looking for is a stronger exhaust sound at idle. This is appealing to me in part for budget. The expense of long tubes and tune. Or do folks typically consider a cat delete a half ass approach?
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I contacted them and asked for a discount but they refused it. It is a very nice piece and built well as far as pictures go. This thing will sound killer with my borla/shifteck setup.

You do gain alot more sound and some gains also. I will definitely run the o2 extension as I can't afford to lose my warranty with a tune.

Only thing is that we can't use our vibration dampner on the exhaust. Mine (17) is welded on.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
How do they refuse a discount if it doesn't exist? In other words, they simply said no. Given the materials and the labor involved in cutting, tig welding each butt joint (welds looked to have been purged as well) all most likely done in a fabricated fixture, along with relatively low volume, I can see the price point being reasonable. That is very well done hardware.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
This piece comes made with the O2 extensions. No need to add anything. As for dampeners , can’t you just go buy ones to bolt on or something? I didn’t look at mine yet.

I guess my largest concern would be the drivability with the extenders vs a tune.

Last edited:

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Also curious about the damper situation. AFAIK only the early models had the boltable dampers. The later ones are welded.

I don't see how to order those separately from ford. Lethal had an option to add them pretty modestly.

Sponsored

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
I have the B-line cat-less pipes. They are top notch with respect to constructibility. I mainly went with them over Shifteck because of the vibration mounts but after receiving them and evaluating the quality of the welds and mandrel bends, they are worth the price. My installer also said they fit perfectly. I have zero complaints.

The car is damn loud, just amplified at every rpm, especially 2k-3k, that’s where it s the raspiest. It’s just a different sound though, more muscular. It sounds like it has 1000 hp. Idle sounds amazing, as does WOT. The valved exhaust is a life saver though because with them shut, it’s only slightly louder than stock, I don’t have to worry about pissing off all my neighbors.

The smell is definitely something you have to get used to though. I drive with my windows open all the time and when you come to a traffic light, the exhaust smell waves through. Nothing while driving though. And I’m running Lund’s E85R tune, it’s obviously worse with 93. I also have the ghost cam tune...yea, I know some say it’s gimmicky but man I love it. When I roll into car shows with that thing loping, people just swarm lol. Sounds pretty sick IMO. PM me if you want more info or any sound clips.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Now I want one. Unfortunately with the borla we have no quiet or loud mode. It is always loud.

206GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Now I want one. Unfortunately with the borla we have no quiet or loud mode. It is always loud.
I want to buy these but I can’t find any videos. Can someone with them post a video please.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I want to buy these but I can’t find any videos. Can someone with them post a video please.
I've got a few sound clips on my instagram @fp350 if you want to check them out. Like others have said, the design and build quality is second to none. I'm very happy I went with these over the other brands.

Last edited:

Sponsored

206GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've got a few sound clips on my instagram @fp350 if you want to check them out. Like others have said, the design and build quality is second to none. I'm very happy I went with these over the other brands.
Do you still have resonators and stock exhaust?

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Do you still have resonators and stock exhaust?
Yes, the remainder of the exhaust is 100% stock. I felt that a res delete with the cat deletes would be too raspy. For me, this setup is perfect. its like if you turned up the stock R exhaust by 30%. Loud but not deafening with just the right amount of rasp and pops/bangs.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm with Niz...would love to hear these in person with ATAK system! sound clips may give you some idea of tone, rasp, and some other things we discuss, but they do extremely little to give you an idea on volume and sound quality, IMO. I've never gotten anything from sound clips. I've compared with sound clips of guys with my exhaust and it gives me no indication as to what the car sounds like in person. I know sometimes it's all you have to go off of when shopping for something, but....

OK...back to our regularly scheduled program.

I was hoping more would chime in about the tuning aspect of these (and the impact of running these without a tune).

Matthew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Grey GT350
Can anyone confirm where to get the vibration dampener weights? Have an 18 so can't reuse the stock ones. Seems Kooks used to make an aluminum replacement kit but no longer do. Emailed them with no response. Any help would be appreciated. Even just the weight of them in the case I need to fabricate a replacement.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Can anyone confirm where to get the vibration dampener weights? Have an 18 so can't reuse the stock ones. Seems Kooks used to make an aluminum replacement kit but no longer do. Emailed them with no response. Any help would be appreciated. Even just the weight of them in the case I need to fabricate a replacement.
I don't understand, are the dampers on the 18's not removable?
Sponsored