Sponsored

How can I tell if the suspension spacers are still there?

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
I took delivery of my 2019 GT350 last week and remembered reading that I should check to see if they removed the suspension spacers. Do I need to remove a tire to find out? I read somewhere that the car will be sitting higher if they are not removed, can you tell from the picture below? Thanks in advance.

20190607_074042.jpg
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
my dealer (shipped from TX) left 2 out of 4 of the shipping blocks in. i had to take my car into my local dealer to take care of some PDI stuff the selling dealer didnt do, but i believe these blocks come right out if you can reach in and access them. here's a picture of what mine looked like, you can see them easily, they should be white or yellow. actually, does the non-R use shipping blocks? i dont know but here were mine...

IMG_20181116_081125.jpg

OP
OP
MHdude

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
my dealer (shipped from TX) left 2 out of 4 of the shipping blocks in. i had to take my car into my local dealer to take care of some PDI stuff the selling dealer didnt do, but i believe these blocks come right out if you can reach in and access them. here's a picture of what mine looked like, you can see them easily, they should be white or yellow. actually, does the non-R use shipping blocks? i dont know but here were mine...

IMG_20181116_081125.jpg
That's very helpful, thank you!!!

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I took delivery of my 2019 GT350 last week and remembered reading that I should check to see if they removed the suspension spacers. Do I need to remove a tire to find out? I read somewhere that the car will be sitting higher if they are not removed, can you tell from the picture below? Thanks in advance.
I could be wrong but in the manual I think it says that the spacers were only installed on the R cars.

Attachments

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
I could be wrong but in the manual I think it says that the spacers were only installed on the R cars.
Thatā€™s what iā€™m thinking as well, only on R cars.

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393

IMG_20181116_081125.jpg
I've read that on several forums - that suspension blocks/spacers were left in and the R was released to the customer.

I also read, and this might be complete BS, that if the car was operated out on the roadway with the spacers left in that it would require the dampening system to be factory reset.

I don't recall anyone throwing the BS Flag on that post/reply, so maybe a call to Ford Performance to verify?

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I've read that on several forums - that suspension blocks/spacers were left in and the R was released to the customer.

I also read, and this might be complete BS, that if the car was operated out on the roadway with the spacers left in that it would require the dampening system to be factory reset.

I don't recall anyone throwing the BS Flag on that post/reply, so maybe a call to Ford Performance to verify?
dealer/service tech said no need to reset anything so i just said whatever. car drives great :->