Sponsored

AdvanceTrac service light on, plus others

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Mine turned out to be a damaged ABS wheel speed sensor wire. It appears that the alignment monkey that aligned the car after my spring install managed to crush the wire. My Ford dealer fixed it under warranty. All taken care of now.
A dealer or aftermarket shop crushing a wire harness is not a warratable defect. You simply got lucky that your dealership covered it;,unfortunately for your dealer, they will be getting charged back for the repair and the wire harness. No manufacturer covers damage caused by an outside source or by aftermarket modifications.
Sponsored

rmarco1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
AdvanceTrac Service Light

I had the same issue as Earlsays on my 2015 GT with 22,500 miles. Both my left rear & right rear tone rings were damaged 2 weeks apart. The dealer replaced both hub assemblies under warranty. I hope this is the last of this issue. :shrug:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
If the replacement parts were not changed or updated, I'm sure it will happen again

Havestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm having the same issue on my 2015. 25,000 miles and the ABS/Traction Control/Stability Control lights come on, hill assist and 911 assist as well. It is intermittent with me in that when it's cool (mornings ~45-50 degrees) it's frequently off. I get to work, park, and when I get out (approx 75-80 degrees), the car starts with the indication lights/messages on.
I had an appointment scheduled but then contacted the dealer later when the lights weren't indicating a problem and they informed me that there was no point bringing it in if the lights weren't on at the time. Guess it doesn't hold the error codes? So much for dropping it off in the morning and picking it up at night.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm having the same issue on my 2015. 25,000 miles and the ABS/Traction Control/Stability Control lights come on, hill assist and 911 assist as well. It is intermittent with me in that when it's cool (mornings ~45-50 degrees) it's frequently off. I get to work, park, and when I get out (approx 75-80 degrees), the car starts with the indication lights/messages on.
I had an appointment scheduled but then contacted the dealer later when the lights weren't indicating a problem and they informed me that there was no point bringing it in if the lights weren't on at the time. Guess it doesn't hold the error codes? So much for dropping it off in the morning and picking it up at night.
Hey Man,

I'm really ADD so when it happened it really bothered me took it to the dealer they couldn't duplicate the problem....so no solution. But thinking back I was in heavy traffic and on hills so that brake assist was being used a lot (drive manual) I think that had something to do with it... but idk... that being said mine did it once and never again... I honestly think it has something to do with the brakes and tire hop (traction control) cuz I was getting into it once I got free on the back roads and tires skipping.

Try driving in a different mode for awhile and see if it still happens

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Several people have said that a ring or sensor on a axle is damaged. I'd look to see if there's any obvious damage if the dealer can't find anything. Sometimes they don't look at everything that can cause the issue. A tech replaced the high pressure fuel pump on my wife's edge for a tapping sound when I said it sounded like a fuel line rubbing on the firewall. Guess what it was..

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
In a similar situation my advancetrac light comes on, power steering goes out, and a low battery message pops up. I tested the battery and alternator and they are fine. Ford won't even diagnose the problem because i'm supercharged. Anyone seen this?

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
In a similar situation my advancetrac light comes on, power steering goes out, and a low battery message pops up. I tested the battery and alternator and they are fine. Ford won't even diagnose the problem because i'm supercharged. Anyone seen this?
That sounds different than the issue I had, but I'd check the ground wires by the air filter. That is what was wrong with mine

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That sounds different than the issue I had, but I'd check the ground wires by the air filter. That is what was wrong with mine
Were the ground wires loose, corroded, or just a bad high resistance connection?

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot