Bent Rod cylinder 7 L&M Rebuilt

keep it 12-1 or lower 11-1

• Total voters

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Kasper korner knocked it outs the park. Between Kasper Korner and L&M a week start to finish cant beat that. They are the best shop around me IMO NO BS at all. Yes sir, just started her up. Dont have a video was to nervous and excited lol.
I used the motocraft from Ford
20190606_211522.jpg
I’m happy you got this worked out so quick, I know it was expensive, but it’s potentially an 8 second car now. Be careful with it lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Ok so went to the dyno (mustang) today. Bad gas 3.5 pulley car made 758hp 644tq at 6000rpm. Then pulled a lot of timing random misfire. Checked plugs they are good. E% is to low for the power. Changing fuel then back to the rollers. Will update soon.

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m happy you got this worked out so quick, I know it was expensive, but it’s potentially an 8 second car now. Be careful with it lol.
Thanks man I appreciate it

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks for keeping the updates coming .
Watching your “help “ thread also .

I have a bad feeling I am also looking at a rebuild.

I always thought the issues I was having at the strip was break up rather than transmission related -still glad I did the clutches based on the what‘ the one looked like .

After some break in still doing the same - breaking up at high rpm
I had the plugs changed on Friday (they said they look like they were fouled by all the octane booster I had been running ) and car then ran great till yesterday .

On the way to the strip for first rip since clutches started breaking up again so I assumed plugs are fouled again.
Also now has an audible exhaust leak but sounds way back(between cat delete and resonator ) . No knocking noises from engine or oil in exhaust.

Car does not seem to have really run well since I deleted the cats and started running almost exclusively leaded race gas .I did not seem to gain a trap speed and Load is still only high 170’s despite 3.375 pulley (was low 170’s with 3.5)
Everything (and per tuner )looks ok in the logs with lambda 0.75-0.78 but I have always noticed fuel trims of -0.5-0.7 with the VP tune . The C16 tune runs leaner
No knock and it’s adding timing . Spark ramps to 22* and is steady . No issues with temps

I know the rear 02 sensors are turned off but could I be having issues due to the fronts going bad form the lead (if that’s stupid please remember my tech disability) ?
Shop said no way they could be bad without check engine light .

Going to have them do a compression/leak down test but I am not optimistic (given my usual luck )

Sad thing is I have a couple of “spare “ long blocks but they are Gen2 so don’t think they will work .
Looks like yet another build coming up . Ugh!

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for keeping the updates coming .
Watching your “help “ thread also .

I have a bad feeling I am also looking at a rebuild.

I always thought the issues I was having at the strip was break up rather than transmission related -still glad I did the clutches based on the what‘ the one looked like .

After some break in still doing the same - breaking up at high rpm
I had the plugs changed on Friday (they said they look like they were fouled by all the octane booster I had been running ) and car then ran great till yesterday .

On the way to the strip for first rip since clutches started breaking up again so I assumed plugs are fouled again.
Also now has an audible exhaust leak but sounds way back(between cat delete and resonator ) . No knocking noises from engine or oil in exhaust.

Car does not seem to have really run well since I deleted the cats and started running almost exclusively leaded race gas .I did not seem to gain a trap speed and Load is still only high 170’s despite 3.375 pulley (was low 170’s with 3.5)
Everything (and per tuner )looks ok in the logs with lambda 0.75-0.78 but I have always noticed fuel trims of -0.5-0.7 with the VP tune . The C16 tune runs leaner
No knock and it’s adding timing . Spark ramps to 22* and is steady . No issues with temps

I know the rear 02 sensors are turned off but could I be having issues due to the fronts going bad form the lead (if that’s stupid please remember my tech disability) ?
Shop said no way they could be bad without check engine light .

Going to have them do a compression/leak down test but I am not optimistic (given my usual luck )

Sad thing is I have a couple of “spare “ long blocks but they are Gen2 so don’t think they will work .
Looks like yet another build coming up . Ugh!
Well I can you this if you have to do a build. Youl never have to build one for this car again. But I know its expensive. I know PBD are great but did you ever think of switching to Lund. I know that's who tunes your other cars. Just wondering because they have the fastest 18+ cars

Changed my fuel Saturday morning and Lund was at atco for the coyote shootout. I got lucky and he looked at my log and said all timing was back. Gave me a new tune loged a 3rd to 4th hit all good. Did one more 3rd to 5th let off the gas check engine light flashed po300. Sunday morning did a crank relearn with the NGAUGE. Did 6th gear log from 2500 to 6200 then one more from 2500 to 7000 ran out of room. Did 5 or more logs. I thought the problem was fixed. On the last log check engine flashed po300. The weird thing is that car runs great. Sent all the logs to Lund told the good ones and the 2 the check engine light flashed. He said all the logs look great. Dont see any hiccups all the timing is there. I'm gonna change the plugs tomorrow and cross my fingers hope it's all good. But like I said besides this gremlin the car runs great it has a 3.5 pulley on now with e85 0% tq reduction on shifts because I have the clutchs. So if this fixes it all i just recieved my griptec 3.25 pulley yesterday. They are a quilty piece.
20190612_151517.jpg

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Well I can you this if you have to do a build. Youl never have to build one for this car again. But I know its expensive. I know PBD are great but did you ever think of switching to Lund. I know that's who tunes your other cars. Just wondering because they have the fastest 18+ cars

Changed my fuel Saturday morning and Lund was at atco for the coyote shootout. I got lucky and he looked at my log and said all timing was back. Gave me a new tune loged a 3rd to 4th hit all good. Did one more 3rd to 5th let off the gas check engine light flashed po300. Sunday morning did a crank relearn with the NGAUGE. Did 6th gear log from 2500 to 6200 then one more from 2500 to 7000 ran out of room. Did 5 or more logs. I thought the problem was fixed. On the last log check engine flashed po300. The weird thing is that car runs great. Sent all the logs to Lund told the good ones and the 2 the check engine light flashed. He said all the logs look great. Dont see any hiccups all the timing is there. I'm gonna change the plugs tomorrow and cross my fingers hope it's all good. But like I said besides this gremlin the car runs great it has a 3.5 pulley on now with e85 0% tq reduction on shifts because I have the clutchs. So if this fixes it all i just recieved my griptec 3.25 pulley yesterday. They are a quilty piece.
20190612_151517.jpg
Yeah .Those pulleys and even the box they come in are a work of art .

I can’t wait to see your first rip . I am guessing 9.5@148 mph .

I decided try PBD on the 18 in part because it was becoming confusing for the guys at Lund figuring which car I was talking abut when I asked questions since they were tuning 3 . Lol
Actually I had heard good things about them so figured why not try .I have been happy with Robs responses and I have a feeling it’s a “hardware “ rather than software issue .
I’m yesterday I did have a funky mix of gas in my tank so I am sure that did not help . The pump where I usually get my Sunoco gas was out of 116 so I added 110(Game 2 ) to a 1/2 a tank that already had 104 plus boostane .

I was also running the 104 tune which tends to be richer and probably set up for a different stoich than the 110.
I read some where the exhaust leak could have resulted from the misfires and less likely to be the cause .is that true ?
Really feel it’s time for that compression test but will keep my finger crossed .
I had planned on a building a “spare “ like I had for my 15’s anyway . I just wish I could have used the block at L&M that is already sleeved and has ARP mains studs . The issues with the knock sensors would be the main issue and not sure how well the heads with Di will play with a Gen 2 block even if it has the DI specific pistons .

At least if I start with a new 18 block they seem to be relatively cheap and at least won’t need the 12 mm head conversion . I could use the Manley I beams with L& M since they check out and save a bit .

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah If you need to build the motor hopefully you can save a few bucks. Because as you know these motors are expensive. No other real options like the gen2. Yeah you can do that livernois short block but I dont trust it. Keep me posted I'm curious to see the results.