Paint on the Bullitt and GT

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I knew the paint was going to be easily chipped, so I had the entire front end and hood, rockers, a-pillars, roof cap, lower doors and mirrors covered in Clear Bra. I have a PP2 so I do have some slight chipping in front of the rear wheels above the rocker panel. I may have that clear-bra'd as well.

My 2018 Focus RS in Nitrous Blue has some of the best paint I've ever had on a car. I had the same areas clear bra'd, but the rest of the car is just great - I only had one chip which mustv'e been from a big rock. The rest is still perfect after 26K+ miles.

FYI, I checked out a new NSX close up last weekend - no clear bra and it had numerous tiny chips on the front end.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
2 GT350’s, and both had/have garbage paint quality

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Wife's DD is a 15 Camry. Worst paint job ever. Had Toyota under warranty complete full repaint. Hit a fly speck and it chips. Doesn't help wife likes to ride close to car in front.

Flip side is my DD is 17 4Runner. Just sat through a hail storm taking out our roof and not a single chip or dent. The only dings to paint is from running trails.

My GT is RR and so far so good.

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
One of the first things I did was buy the Ford Oxford White Dr. Color Chip kit.
Sponsored