Appreciation for the V6

jesse9323

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Houston
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V6
First time posting here, thought I should share my set up. The first thing that was done to it was swap the exhaust with a GT and add an H-pipe. It's the best daily I've had, definitely beats my corolla. I plan on doing headers and TB soon, what would you guys recommend? Please share any ideas or just post your set up.

VGkjLCR.jpg

nMlGuqS.jpg

75PSItI.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
First time posting here, thought I should share my set up. The first thing that was done to it was swap the exhaust with a GT and add an H-pipe. It's the best daily I've had, definitely beats my corolla. I plan on doing headers and TB soon, what would you guys recommend? Please share any ideas or just post your set up.
Which Corolla did you have? I had a 14 before I upgraded to my V6.

As far as headers, i went with the SpeedDaddy shorties. I got a ported throttle body by Gig's Performance. Just an FYI, neither of these will be huge performance gains. Ported intakes and tune are the way to go.

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Good looking ride Jesse! I had the exact exhaust setup for a while, big improvement over stock. Recently went to a Ford Racing Borla Touring, a little on the loud side with my rear seat delete. Good luck with your mods.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Nice car! Cool seeing a TY V6. I have a stock GT catback. How do you like the H-pipe with it? Is there any drone?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
When I ran GT with the H-pipe (MRT) I had zero drone. I did have some rasp over 4k rpm though. I don't drive there often so not the biggest deal for me. Expected it to go away with the Borla Touring. Better but not gone at WOT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jesse9323

jesse9323

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Houston
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V6
I still have my corolla, it's a 2010 v4. Drive it to work sometimes to put less miles on the mustang. I have the mishimoto h-pipe with the gt exhuast on my car with no drone whatsoever, want different AB's at some point but I'm focused on other mods at the moment. There is rasp like vnz says, but it does crackle and pop which I like. I'll post a video here soon so you guys can hear it. I did just order a GT TB from ebay and bought an adapter from one of the guys here. I'll couple that with a drop-in air filter and see what the results are. How hard would it be to install headers on my own? I'm thinking about using a shop or just doing it with a friend.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I4 corolla, not V ;)

For the header install, I consistently heard it was a pain from enough people that I just paid someone else to do it. If you have plenty of extensions for your wrench and beer, should be a good 4-5 hour job with your friend.

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
wish ford made the 3.7 an option in the new ranger. love it in my mustang. Looking to replace my F-150 with the ranger and sure about the 2.3 eco long term, no questions about the 3.7 post 150k.

Sponsored

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Which Corolla did you have? I had a 14 before I upgraded to my V6.

As far as headers, i went with the SpeedDaddy shorties. I got a ported throttle body by Gig's Performance. Just an FYI, neither of these will be huge performance gains. Ported intakes and tune are the way to go.
How big of a difference did the ported intake mani make? also what kind of afr are you running? I've already done all the exhaust so next on the list is the ported manifold, but not sure how much more of a difference its gonna make when im hitting 14/14.5 afr at wot

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How big of a difference did the ported intake mani make? also what kind of afr are you running? I've already done all the exhaust so next on the list is the ported manifold, but not sure how much more of a difference its gonna make when im hitting 14/14.5 afr at wot
It all blends in now tbh, but I think I used to equate it to being like the original difference of the tune. AFR should stay the same, it's just more air overall can make more power.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
You're just wasting money. Get an engine tune. It will transform the car like you won't believe.
GT throttle body
CAI
Long tubes and catted h-pipe
Tune

What are we looking at, gains wise?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
3-5% improvement at most. The difference is the willingness of the engine to rev and pull to red line.
Still an improvement over stock, especially for my bud whose never tuned before

Wait, just that much? Thought it'd be more?
Sponsored