Sponsored

GT500 Engine Automobile Mag

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That's be great and a huge time (and effort) saver. It's easy to slip on a different gear during assembly but a major PIA once the engine is installed. I hope your source is correct.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I knew it used a viscous damper but thought it was steel and not aluminum. Interesting.

I sense the oil pump gear is still powdered metal as Ford would be lauding a steel gear if they were now using one.

And funny that they don't mention the ZL1 1LE in terms of bench marking but instead talk about the Corvette.
Time will tell. There are all sorts of little changes on the performance pack cars, the GT350s that never get talked about from a marketing perspective but are quite important.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Lowers compression.

Unless they figure out a way to offset that, it’ll reduce power.

They could use more timing, but I’d fear they would do that and not disclose it.

Ever hear of the 1999-2000 cobra fiasco?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I knew it used a viscous damper but thought it was steel and not aluminum. Interesting.

I sense the oil pump gear is still powdered metal as Ford would be lauding a steel gear if they were now using one.

And funny that they don't mention the ZL1 1LE in terms of bench marking but instead talk about the Corvette.
He covered the ZL1 1LE when he mentioned benchmarking the pony cars.

Being that corvette is higher performance than zl1 it made sense to mention that.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My point is that they go out of their way to not say ZL1 1LE.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"The engine is kind of at the end of its box for the technology it needs to take the next step..."

Is that "box" related to the 100mm bore centers that has plagued the mod motors since their inception? Give it a 110mm bore spacing and all of the problems go away. De-stroke it to make a rev-happy 5.0L screamer, or show people what a 6.xL 4-cam engine can do. I find it odd how many companies try to get around a dry sump and come up with half-baked ways to combat it (Not just Ford - Dodge did it with the Viper for the entire run). GM throws dry sump even in the "lesser" Z51 vette engines. I hope for the tuners this engine has a real/not-inferred map sensor... It can work, the Hellcat has both a MAP and a MAF.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
They've been teasing this engine so long, I've lost interest. Ferrari and Lamborghini don't tease horsepower figures, and Ford is like an ugly girl in that company, and really not worth the blue balls.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I wonder if they will in any way try to tie into the new Ford vs Ferrari move for the numbers release?

The movie is not scheduled to be released until November so that is not likely the date.
Dont know, odds are 500's hit the streets the same time the movie comes out

That's be great and a huge time (and effort) saver. It's easy to slip on a different gear during assembly but a major PIA once the engine is installed. I hope your source is correct.
I dont know that he can be trusted. its a very big name in aftermarket Mustang stuff, and has several 500s coming their way, but 1st bit of info like this and unvalidated

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd rather they release it on September 9th at 9:00AM :)
Too bad they couldn't have released January 10th at 10 am. I need me some double digit numbers to get where I want it to be.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X