Sponsored

My Experience with Evolution Performances Install of the Edelbrock 2650 on a 2017 5.0…

2017Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Hey guys! I am relatively new to the forum but I wanted to share my recent experience with Evolution Performance on building up my 2017 5.0, which I have christened as a Mach 1. I have very special plans/vision for this mustang, especially after building up a FBO 2014 V6. Previous to the Edelbrock install, I have done some basic mods in preparation; suspension, tires and some exhaust work to lay the fundamentals for a forced induction set up. I move to PA recently from NC and I first reached out to Fred at Evolution at the recommendation of LUND. I can tell you upfront, it was the best decision I could have made. I started the convo with Fred almost a year prior to actually having the blower installed in my car, and they remember who I was through the whole process. Evolution is a shop where they take each build personally, make you like family and work with you to accomplish your goals. When It comes to their knowledge, they know the best products on the market for the build you are creating. Dalton at Evolution was top notch in guiding and discussing my options for a forced induction set up. I swore from the beginning I wanted to go with a different FI system, but he got me into the Edelbrock 2650 which, aside from picking Evolution, was the other best decisions I made. The work itself took a surprisingly short amount of time and when I took delivery of the final product, the quality was impeccable. They also had me in the shop for the shortest amount of time possible because of their careful planning in gather all the parts first for the install, before taking my car to do the work. When it came to putting the build together, the package under the hood looks like it came from factory. Everything tied and tucked away very professionally; no lose ends or hoses where they shouldn’t be or in the way. They also had some great advice on adding some extra needed build components as part of the package; a UPR catch can, thermostat and boost gauge for my build. They answered all questions I had, regardless of how stupid or asinine they might have been and were extraordinarily patient. I can tell you I am in a scientific research-oriented career, and they met all of my specific needs perfectly. Even better is, even after you are out the door, you are still a valued customer and they are willing to continue to work with you on your vehicle and provide support. After you go with Evolution, you and your vehicle become a valued member of their shop.

For the car itself, it is simple to say it’s a beast now. The Edelbrock 2650 is extraordinarily refined and raw at the same time. It gives you a hard kick in the pants but still does it with finesse and without all the obnoxious SC wine that comes with some other blowers. If you are looking for true sleeper status, this is the way to go. The manner in which the blower delivers the power far exceeded my expectations and I would never go with another option after experiencing this; especially considering all of the room I still have to grow with this set up. It is indescribable the way the car is propelled forward when you drop the hammer to the floor. It is like the Edelbrock and the s550 were made to be married together from the factory. I’m very picky about my build and work done to my car and after this experience and the kind of output my car has (not to mention how reliable the work and quality of the power being put down is), Evolution and the 2650 would be my choice, every time.
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Shame you didnt post up sooner they are pretty literally down the road from me(3.1 miles), would have loved to meet up and seen it.

They did some great work on my Mach1 when I had it. I'm normally the kind of guy that take any decals off my car, but when they did my car i left the windows stickers they left in teh corner windows. I even went back to get them reapplied when they started to come off.

Last edited:

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dyno Numbers?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Hey guys! I am relatively new to the forum but I wanted to share my recent experience with Evolution Performance on building up my 2017 5.0, which I have christened as a Mach 1. I have very special plans/vision for this mustang, especially after building up a FBO 2014 V6. Previous to the Edelbrock install, I have done some basic mods in preparation; suspension, tires and some exhaust work to lay the fundamentals for a forced induction set up. I move to PA recently from NC and I first reached out to Fred at Evolution at the recommendation of LUND. I can tell you upfront, it was the best decision I could have made. I started the convo with Fred almost a year prior to actually having the blower installed in my car, and they remember who I was through the whole process. Evolution is a shop where they take each build personally, make you like family and work with you to accomplish your goals. When It comes to their knowledge, they know the best products on the market for the build you are creating. Dalton at Evolution was top notch in guiding and discussing my options for a forced induction set up. I swore from the beginning I wanted to go with a different FI system, but he got me into the Edelbrock 2650 which, aside from picking Evolution, was the other best decisions I made. The work itself took a surprisingly short amount of time and when I took delivery of the final product, the quality was impeccable. They also had me in the shop for the shortest amount of time possible because of their careful planning in gather all the parts first for the install, before taking my car to do the work. When it came to putting the build together, the package under the hood looks like it came from factory. Everything tied and tucked away very professionally; no lose ends or hoses where they shouldn’t be or in the way. They also had some great advice on adding some extra needed build components as part of the package; a UPR catch can, thermostat and boost gauge for my build. They answered all questions I had, regardless of how stupid or asinine they might have been and were extraordinarily patient. I can tell you I am in a scientific research-oriented career, and they met all of my specific needs perfectly. Even better is, even after you are out the door, you are still a valued customer and they are willing to continue to work with you on your vehicle and provide support. After you go with Evolution, you and your vehicle become a valued member of their shop.

For the car itself, it is simple to say it’s a beast now. The Edelbrock 2650 is extraordinarily refined and raw at the same time. It gives you a hard kick in the pants but still does it with finesse and without all the obnoxious SC wine that comes with some other blowers. If you are looking for true sleeper status, this is the way to go. The manner in which the blower delivers the power far exceeded my expectations and I would never go with another option after experiencing this; especially considering all of the room I still have to grow with this set up. It is indescribable the way the car is propelled forward when you drop the hammer to the floor. It is like the Edelbrock and the s550 were made to be married together from the factory. I’m very picky about my build and work done to my car and after this experience and the kind of output my car has (not to mention how reliable the work and quality of the power being put down is), Evolution and the 2650 would be my choice, every time.
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
That is one beautiful and professional install. This is exactly the route I’d go if I went FI.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Very very nice. The Ede kits really shine on the S550 cars. This new kit looks really good, and from other threads, are putting the down the power nicely.
Sponsored