Window Tinting (UK)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all,

It's cropped up in another thread but I thought it would be useful to collate info in a dedicated one...especially for me as I'm thinking of doing it!

So who has their windows tinted? What % or spec did you go for? Where did you go? What was the service like, and quality of work? Approx costs? Any photos? Don't ask for much do I :)

Aaand GO
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Not got mine done as yet but when I do i'll likely to go Spotless Detailing or PTW in Perth. The former did my ceramic coating and both are highly recommended. Do a lot of high-end cars.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not got mine done as yet but when I do i'll likely to go Spotless Detailing or PTW in Perth. The former did my ceramic coating and both are highly recommended. Do a lot of high-end cars.
Perth a bit of a trek for me ;)

Ideally I'd like to find a place that's seen a few Mustangs before, don't like the thought of someone tearing apart my interior (again) if it's not familiar to them.

Any idea what level you'd go for? My tastes would be something minimally darker than factory, often referred to as a "factory tint" I believe? No idea what that means in numbers.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Perth a bit of a trek for me ;)

Ideally I'd like to find a place that's seen a few Mustangs before, don't like the thought of someone tearing apart my interior (again) if it's not familiar to them.

Any idea what level you'd go for? My tastes would be something minimally darker than factory, often referred to as a "factory tint" I believe? No idea what that means in numbers.
With GT mileage Perth would add a bit to the price certainly...
I'd also like something close to the factory tints on our Mondeo and FST. You have to really try to see in but it's not too dark from the inside. Not sure what percentage that would be but suspect in the 25/35% bracket.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Had mine done at Herts tints and to be honest they did a good job .
I probably chose a tint that's too dark especially at night had whats called limo tinting lol .
Looks great on the outside as it just looks black but prob a shade too dark in hind sight, tho its negated a bit after fitting the spoiler as that sits nearly exactly halfway up the rear window just where cars are when they are behind you lol
Luckily for me years of motorcycles taught me how to use wing mirrors lol

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mine is 30% on the rear 3 windows done by a local company called autotintz (also did my stripes) cost Ā£90 for the 3 rear windows and the rear lights

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Tintex in Portsmouth.

You at Newbury saturday?
Iā€™ll likely swing by, but probably not for lunch this time. Be good to see yours in the flesh

May wimp out if itā€™s lashing it down.

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Hi all,

It's cropped up in another thread but I thought it would be useful to collate info in a dedicated one...especially for me as I'm thinking of doing it!

So who has their windows tinted? What % or spec did you go for? Where did you go? What was the service like, and quality of work? Approx costs? Any photos? Don't ask for much do I :)

Aaand GO
Hi Kristian, I went for limo tint, darkest they do to get as much black on the car. Done by Stuart at ProTint Trowbridge. Top chap and fellow petrol head, he also did my roof and indicators on the lights at the front but after these pictures were taken. My previous one was done at the dealers 30% Premium I think same as BMW use should still be a link to my old build below.

aKwpyXH.jpg

AgtWnvo.jpg

mKybubS.jpg

Cheers

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
75% (or 25% depending on what they use either light blocked(75) or light let in(25))

Went to Wrench Studios in london (had it done with my DRLs - let's not go there). Tinter/wrapper was "Bought in" for it and "their guy". Really fucking good job to be honest, downside a few bits of off trims in the rear parcel shelf i had to get out, but zero bubbles and almost 2 years on, no issues.

EDIT: Ā£150 for all 3 rear windows. (would've been the same price regardless of the percentage).

EDIT: Didn't want to go with full blackout due to dailying the car ("limo tint" or 95-99% is usually what it's marketed as), and how little light i'd get through it, thought 75% did the job with looks, whilst not compromising too much of an almost "OEM" look.

hY9E-OWDwv28mDlOhpIJUY4Phh3aocwM2HACqHnyzmleLTsDkJhFiOH0k1BJydMhkpYOE1WL5erxT9D56m=w1920-h934-no.jpg

Last edited:

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Hi all,

Aaand GO
30% with South Coast Tints in Southampton - canā€™t recommend too highly: knows his way around a Mustang
Sponsored