So When??

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I see you found it in the other thread - but:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Here's VP002 - I'm not certain it's the iconic one I thought it was but who knows:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My eyes - those seats! Make the accents go away!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm not sure who approved that...but this is the type of thing that makes me worried for an entire program.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never considered staining the leather on a fresh Recaro but this makes me want to take a serious look at it. That is, unless an all black Recaro is offered on the base or Handling Package cars.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Somebody at SVTP hinted that "Friday will be a good day" ...
Was it this guy?

ice-cube-disney-oliver-twist-musical.jpg

(worked in a __double__ :D)

Yeah, I mean, *maybe* with a car with white stripes, but as the standard design treatment? I don't get it ... especially when they're using RED brake calipers, so at the very least you'll have the potential for a different exterior color, a different exterior highlight color, and a different interior highlight color. I guess with a blue exterior that makes it super patriotic ...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it works in a Bentley or in a 50's Lincoln. But sizable white accents on the seats of a Mustang geared for track duty? Ehh, no. I think Ford is calling it a gray and not white but regardless, they really gayed up a fantastic seat that works very well at the track. The combination clashes with the rest of the color choices and is the worst color possible for an interior used regularly in a performance setting. It would work well in Beverly Hills for an elderly woman cruising with her freshly groomed poodle or in San Francisco at the latest LBGT jamboree though. For the average guy that just wants a beast of a car to thrash at the track, charcoal or black works with every color in the book. Ford nailed it in the GT350/R but mucked this one up good. I'd rather they used more fiber or billet appliques if the need was to make it look sassy/pretty. Now you're forced to weigh your exterior color choice based on how you see it work with this interior combination. A neutral interior color doesn't pidgeon hole that way.

If I were Stevie Wonder it'd work well. But I'm not and it doesn't.

Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Is the non-Recaro heated and cooled seat the same color combo?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Come on guys and gals, it's not that bad. The inserts are grey and not white, I'm sure on a red car or other brightly coloured car they will offer a different option. But if not, it's not a total deal breaker. I mean with tinted windows, how many will actually see the inside of the car except for you ?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Come on guys and gals, it's not that bad. The inserts are grey and not white, I'm sure on a red car or other brightly coloured car they will offer a different option. But if not, it's not a total deal breaker. I mean with tinted windows, how many will actually see the inside of the car except for you ?
No, it is. We are talking about a track car, not some Starbucks cruiser. Tinted windows?

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I don't think the seats will be much of a problem. I have a 2017 Lincoln MKZ with nearly 40K miles on it. Seats still look good. Only a small amount of transfer on the piping, and it has much more white than the 500. Don't wear your dark blue embroidered mom jeans and you'll be ok.
20160722_192232.jpg

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Is the non-Recaro heated and cooled seat the same color combo?
Yes, there is less white on the base seats but they are the same color combo.
Sponsored