Sponsored

Anyone go from Premium to base?

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Maybe the cooled seats work differently in the Mustang, but in my 12 F150, they took a while before I would begin to feel the effects. Once they did start working, they were magic.
Sponsored

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
My base has everything I need, PP1 and the A10. I wasn't looking for a luxury car.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I think the general consensus is that you need to...drop the base :dance:
Lol but I feel so boss driving a manual, and chics are always excited when they get in my manual cars

“Oh it’s a stick!” Then they attempt to tell me they can drive, so I let them in parking lot, they stall and I usually bet they can’t and usually get some favorable reward.

I’m a dog though. Lmao.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Lol, "chics always get exciting", living the fantasy for sure.:clap:

Oh yea, no base, just premium (on topic).

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I notice lots of younger guys seem to get butt hurt every time someone mentions a manual. Nobody sane is debating an auto is faster, better gas mileage, higher top speed etc. It's a fact but you can't explain the experience to some of you guys because you don't get it. It's like explaining what it was like to watch the moon landing or the Berlin Wall coming down. You don't get it, you never will but don't project your insecurities on guys who do. You grew up in a world that anything was possible, nothing is amazing. "I can have pizza any time I want. I can see a naked chick anytime I want. I can call and live stream chat anyone at any time". Interfacing with a machine mechanically, feeling the road and deciding every time when the gears change is a visceral experience. It's a skill, an appreciation for what man has created, before computers. It's not a software program or a computer determining what's gonna happen. Clicking a paddle shift like an Xbox controller will never be the same experience.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I can have pizza any time I want...unless I'm out of 00 flour.
I can see a naked chick anytime I want...unless my wife is mad at me.
If I want to talk to someone, it's on the phone, or preferably in person.
I also don't own a game console.
Methinks it's the manual guys who are butthurt.
Guess you totally missed the point, not surprisingly. Congratulations. Some people like I said, will never understand. Now back to OP's thread about choosing a car. :clap:

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I notice lots of younger guys seem to get butt hurt every time someone mentions a manual. Nobody sane is debating an auto is faster, better gas mileage, higher top speed etc. It's a fact but you can't explain the experience to some of you guys because you don't get it. It's like explaining what it was like to watch the moon landing or the Berlin Wall coming down. You don't get it, you never will but don't project your insecurities on guys who do. You grew up in a world that anything was possible, nothing is amazing. "I can have pizza any time I want. I can see a naked chick anytime I want. I can call and live stream chat anyone at any time". Interfacing with a machine mechanically, feeling the road and deciding every time when the gears change is a visceral experience. It's a skill, an appreciation for what man has created, before computers. It's not a software program or a computer determining what's gonna happen. Clicking a paddle shift like an Xbox controller will never be the same experience.
I recently inherited my late uncle's 1980 280ZX (he ordered it from Datsun in late 79, and picked it up Feb 1980....has 80k miles on it). It's manual everything. Only power assisted items are the brakes and the clutch. Car is slow (132hp), but everything just works in concert. Brakes are perfect for vehicle performance and weight. Suspension is tuned properly for weight distribution. Engine has been warmed over a little bit, but works perfectly with the rest of the vehicle. A/C is currently not functioning, so if it's hot, I just sit and sweat. It's been 7 years since I owned a vehicle with a manual transmission, and after driving it for the first time, I realized how much I missed driving one. I'd rather drive this car than my Escalade daily driver.

It's just a fun car. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Some people won't understand why I would choose the 280 over the Cadillac, but that's fine by me.

Sponsored

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They also have no sense of history. They say things like "manuals are old" when the slush box has been in use since 1940. Some even think DOHC is newer than a centrally located camshaft. BUT I know guys my age that are perfectly happy writing a check and driving the most advanced car they can.

PLindsey725

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I go premium on the 15-17s because the rear bumper on the base ones looks like shit, I also believe that having a premium trim helps considerably when its time to sell/trade in.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Had a 15 GT Premium auto sold it for a base 19 with the 301A package in manual. Prefer the cloth seats much more comfortable to me then the leather I had in my 15.

Don’t need the PP due to modding the car down the road waste of money unless you plan to keep it stock. The only reason why everyone is buying the A10 is because ford said it was slightly faster then the manual if it were the other way around no one would be buying the auto but that’s just my 2cents.

Forgot to mention I have the black accent package as well.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Once manufacturers dumped the 4 speed auto, and improved the electronics that control the shifts, the auto trans improved by leaps and bounds. The GM 4 speed autos were basically made of glass (especially the 4l60e, which was in every RWD GM vehicle from the mid-90s - mid-00s. The 4T60e used in FWD applications wasn't any better). Once GM starting using the 6 speed auto in 07, transmission failures reduced significantly. I'm not as well versed in Ford autos, but I don't hear much about transmissions dying on any Ford vehicles, other than the CVT they used in the Focus. Biggest issue I hear about that the a10 is it shifts a lot.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Have the premium and leather seats. No sagging at all, and I'm a big boy, 250lbs. But if you notice other interior pictures of seats it's almost always sagging where you carry your wallet. I carry my wallet in a front pocket -- no leather sagging!

Bob
Sponsored