Sound tube Delete

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Mine got deleted when they installed the Whipple at the dealer. They plugged the firewall and it looks clean. Never heard the car with it so I have no idea if it does anything. Can't see them wasting time and money if it didn't do anything.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Mines gone, to me no sound difference, and engine bay looks better, and easier access to dipstick as others mentioned. No downside I can see....

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
OK, but you talked about using a "1" sprinkler system valve." I was wondering about that.
Post #1 refers to a 1" Irrigation System Valve.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Where is that option? I ordered using the website.
You have to order the sound tube delete with the spoiler delete. Otherwise it throws off the balance of the car.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
On the subject of the sound tube, is there still a foam plug in it like the 2010+ S197 GTs had?

Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I had the resonator removed and an H pipe installed in its place. I loved the new, deeper growl. However, on the open road there was a drone I just couldn't stand. I almost removed the H pipe so I could reinstall the resonator. Instead I tried removing the sound tube. FIXED THE DRONE. The sound inside (and outside) is exactly what I wanted.

BJstang installed a valve in his sound tube to adjust the amount of sound coming into the cabin. If I had it to do over that's what I'd do.

Bob

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
After 24 years at a major manufacturing company this kind of thing does not surprise me. All it takes is one manager that got one letter from a customer who complained the engine does not "sound powerful" like it used to. Then the engineers are put on a project to "make it sound more powerful". But we can't make more actual noise because of regulations so we have to find a way to make powerful sounds inside but not outside. Then one engineer says "I've got it..." and the manager says "yes, do it" and here we are: a useless, costly piece of whatever that few buyers want.

I have the 1" valve but when I get around to it mine will be on a plaque on the garage wall, a tribute to that manager. ;)

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
This was the first thing to go on my 2020GT. The tube along with the firewall nut zip tied to it reside on my parts shelf in the garage. 1/4 inch ratchet, long extension, and a deep 10 mm socket with a universal. Capped the Air intake tube and plugged the firewall and you are good to go.