Carbon Fiber sticker around Nav system

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
So, I grew tired of the plain plastic around the nav and radio controls. For $16.00 this did the trick. I don’t think anyone expects to see real CF in our cars. Overall, i’m happy-ish with the results. What do you think?
CB10E800-93C9-42BA-A69D-3D51A57EA998.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
The one surprise to me was that it came as 2 pieces. It’s pretty tricky to get each side setup and then aligned in the middle. I did a 3.5/10 job on that lol.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
looks pretty cool. OP, Do you have the link to the one you got? I see a few versions available online.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So I'm feeling rather honest today I guess...

I hate carbon trim bits, unless the primary trim complement is carbon. Imitation carbon trim I put right up there with fake hood scoops, fake BOV's, etc etc.

For instance this:

%24_1.jpg

I think the carbon clashes so hard against the hard plastic on the globe box, the center tunnel cover, and the upper dash. It just doesn't feel cohesive and feels like it was and literally "just thrown together." Oh this means you too, 2020 GT500.

This is not me digging on Mustangs either. BMW is equally guilty. This trim kit on a BMW looks stupid AF. Wood grain, brown leather, and then gloss carbon pattern? Entirely way too much.

carbon-fiber-interior-trim-air-conditioning.jpg

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I can’t say I disagree with you. I think you can easily overdo CF bits. My R8 came with two CF packages, interior and exterior, and then the side blades. With all of that, the center console was still cheap plastic. 160k for cheap, hard plastic.

That’s much more forgivable on a mustang GT. Ford is starting to offer more upscale options like leather and CF bits, but they aren’t really integrating the package. For example, I’d like to see a leather + CF package that would give you CF window switches area, CF door handle area, leather center console, with the CF dash. Do that in a 2k package and i’d be happy. J

I agree, you need something to break up all the CF, so the nav surround should contrast with something nice, just not cheap, black, plastic.

Since I dont have the CF dash or center console, breaking up the sea of cheap, black, plastic was my desire. I know its not the most elegant solution, but since there’s not a better solution at this time, i’m Good with it. It’s a mustang after all.

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, me too. It’s a eyesore.
Sponsored