Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just stumbling upon this thread. Sorry if its been posted already but here is Fathouse's TT GT350 making the fastest stick S550 pass ever. I made a post about it in the Forced Induction section and it got very little interest for such a huge achievement I felt.

I had been waiting for a boosted GT350 since Lethal supercharged theirs right when they came out. That car just disappeared without a trace or a pass. A few years later boosted GT350s finally started to pop up and actually make some passes.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I had been waiting for a boosted GT350 since Lethal supercharged theirs right when they came out. That car just disappeared without a trace or a pass. A few years later boosted GT350s finally started to pop up and actually make some passes.
I actually saw the car and was told what happened. I stayed vague but I guess it does not really mater anymore. The car was sitting at PBH shop. The simple truth is the people at lethal was just doing to many things to really be bothered with it anymore after they had it up and going. From my info, the guy in charge at lethal just started doing other stuff...The car was for sale, and I am not sure if they ever sold it.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed lol

I didn't even build mine for power and made into the 700's.. was just looking to wake it up a bit.
Yeah with a sledgehammer ! "Hey honey...time to wake UP!!!" Looking to wake her up a bit is what I done, with a tune :crackup: Oh wait...you have that and more !!! :cwl:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love too.....but if I was to do it, I would like to go turbo's. The Fat fab ones. But int truth I just went to war with Ford over my issue, and came out with a V. Not sure I would like to temp that fate again lol.

the.mad.lad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
madladmotors.com
First Name
Kit
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hellion Turbo'd GT350, 2015 Ram Power Wagon, 2016 Moto Guzzi Griso
So, how much power did it make? What size turbo did you go with ?

Let , me know how you like it long term, i've always been afraid of the hot side location.

I heard they were doing a sleeper kit for the gt350 and i was going to wait till that comes out for a while...

But lets face it i'll probably wear the new off my car a little more before i do anything. I should have never test drove the one with the 3.5" pulley whipple when i was shopping.
It's currently street tuned - heading to dyno on 6/22 and will let you know. It has twin 55mm - they spool up extremely fast. The increase in torque at low RPMs was the first thing I noticed post install.

The hot side location and piping requires a fair amount of heat protection. That coupled with oil routing made for a tricky install.

I went turbos because I wanted to avoid any extra stress on the crank ( I prefer WHOOOOOSH more than WHIIIIIIINE).

Last edited:

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
i wanna boost so bad but i just cant get over the guilt/concern of blowing (no pun intended) my warranty for my new 2018 R. anyone else in the same boat?
After many years of rarely ever using the warranties on my cars, I figured I must be taking care of my vehicles quite well. So I decided to not worry about this one and just have fun. Replace the weak obvious parts of the engine before doing so and just enjoy it.....shit happens, don't let it stress you out :wink:

It's currently street tuned - heading to dyno on 6/22 and will let you know. It has twin 55mm - they spool up extremely fast. The increase in torque at low RPMs was the first thing I noticed post install.

The hot side location and piping requires a fair amount of heat protection. That coupled with oil routing made for a tricky install.

I went turbos because I wanted to avoid any extra stress on the crank ( I prefer WHOOOOOSH more than WHIIIIIIINE).
Let us know how it goes on the dyno! Good luck with the everything.

....and I dont even get the whine with mine, cant even tell its boosted. :bandit:

Sponsored

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150

Yeah before this car I had a 450 whp Subaru with a “big turbo” (52mm). I’m a turbo fan and when I was shopping for my Gt350 I test drove one with a whipple and it’s tune was twitchy and having talked to others I have learned that that’s not standard, but, when you tipped in just a little too far and the bypass closed you got a 50hp kick in the kidneys and getting stuck in rush hour traffic with that made me do that lurch of someone who can’t drive a clutch when I wasn’t even operating the clutch. Just the bypass closed in expectedly, the car lurched forward, I backed off, the bypass opened and it got my head bouncing back and fourth.

I know that’s not possible with turbos so I’m like... problem solved... I’ll get the spooly boys when it’s time.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Out of curiousity, what's everyone doing for a tranny? Everyone going T56 Magnum XL or used TR6060? Or are most folks taking their chances on the 3160?

Figured the 3160 would be a goner on boost.. in which case I figured I'd see more about tranny swaps lol

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Out of curiousity, what's everyone doing for a tranny? Everyone going T56 Magnum XL or used TR6060? Or are most folks taking their chances on the 3160?

Figured the 3160 would be a goner on boost.. in which case I figured I'd see more about tranny swaps lol
fat fab said they haven't broken a 3160 yet. i feel like they have the highest hp gt350s yet i'm not really sure if thats the case.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fat fab said they haven't broken a 3160 yet. i feel like they have the highest hp gt350s yet i'm not really sure if thats the case.
If not the highest then dam close to it. Their builds have been spot on. With that motec system also, bloody hell. Just picking them up and putting dem down as they say.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Spec has a really high engagement point and is also lighter. Had to tweak the calibration slightly for the differences at low RPM and Decel.
Sponsored