Sponsored

Coming from a Giulia Quadrifoglio

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
For a track car, I would highly recommend a GT350 / R. As mentioned, the Voodoo isn't a stop light drag car and if that's your primary goal - then I would look elsewhere.

If you are looking for a special car and one of the best driving experiences - you can't go wrong with a GT350.

For down low torque:
C7 Z06, C7 ZR1, Dodge Viper, Hellcat, GT500, M5
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Mustangs: GT500, Roush Mustang
Others: C7 Corvette Grand Sport, C7 Corvette Z06, Camaro ZL1, BMW M2, M3, M4, M5. AMG C63. You’ve already indicated you’re not big on Dodge products, but anything Scatpack, Hellcat, or Redeye would do.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
How has no one mentioned just a 5.0 meatstang with a PD blower? Instant torque and with some suspension mods, it can be pretty great at the track. Sure, not Porsche track fast but still enough to hang with a lot of cars. I promise it will throw you back in your seat from 2500 rpms up.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
GT350R is a 3.9 0-60 with a non professional driver. Its not a straight line car though. The 19 GT350 is damn close (no cigar). If you have issues with traction now, a supercharged car may not be what you want either. You need to define what your uses are. Lastly, you can ask us what we thing but, you will get 80 different answers. If your asking about the GT350, pay attention to the responses from the GT350 owners as indicated by the Vehicle part of the profile. Not that others don't have valuable input, just not valuable unless they have owned one. But, the only true way is to go drive one for yourself

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Seems to me that the OP is looking for a “track beast” and is considering looking street the GT350/GT350R. His car is a v6 turbo and it suffers from lag.

The GT350/GT350R does not suffer from lag because it is an n/a motor and the comments as to it needs to build revs are not really valid because you can launch at the right revs to get into the powerband.

As another member mentioned, magazines have tested the GT350R at 3.9 in the 0-60, and that is by no means a slouch. And again, that is a journalist who is driving, so there is lots of room for improvement in figuring out launching the car.

Because the OP is looking for a road racing car, a Demon is off the list. Hellcat, I would say too.

Many of us have a daily driver, whether that be a Prius, an ecoboost or a Tesla. Gas is expensive and we all try to save during our daily commute to work and home.

So I think that focusing on what he, the OP, wanted to know which was a comparison of the GT350 vs the Alfa is what we should focus on.

Last edited:

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
For a track car, I would highly recommend a GT350 / R. As mentioned, the Voodoo isn't a stop light drag car and if that's your primary goal - then I would look elsewhere.

If you are looking for a special car and one of the best driving experiences - you can't go wrong with a GT350.

For down low torque:
C7 Z06, C7 ZR1, Dodge Viper, Hellcat, GT500, M5
Well said.

To note, in 15 track days with my R I have never been passed by a single car and have embarrassed many of the low down power grunters who struggle to put the power down out of the corners before nannies come on or the rear slides out. My R is planted and damn nimble for its size (my prior track car was a 360 and the R embarrasses as well)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If u like that bam off the line push in the seat then the GT350 is not for u. Ive had it for a year along with my M3 and the M3 feels better off the line but sounds like crap.

The GT 350 feels like a V6 until 4k when it opens up alllllll the way to 8k and sounds like a beast. It will corner with best of them.

I put on forged 19x10 front and 19x11.5 with 325/30 sport cup 2’s on it and launching is much better but not what I would call stuck to the back seat. Cornering is much better..i pulled 1.5g’s and tires never chirped

I had 2 GT500’s (13/14) and 2 Hellcats and with drag radials those will put u in the seat. In all honesty anything significantly north of 500hp is fairly useless off the line with drag radials which limit use and only get like 4k miles out of or u gotta go with AWD. The new M5 and AMG’s are insane off the line, the GTR never disappoints but looking old.

You will be very happy with the GT350 if u get it for right reasons and putting u in your seat off the line ain’t its strong suit.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
The GT 350 feels like a V6 until 4k
I’ve grown up in drag race teams and had lots of drag cars, I respectfully disagree. I don’t see the v6 comparison at all—at any rpm, and I drive a v6 as a daily. But hey I respect your opinion.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Maybe a low torque V8 better compo? Meant it as how it feels from idle until the magic happens at 3900... then again i maybe biased with thw GT500 Hellcat and the 18’ m3 which hits major boost from 1800 all the way.

The Vodoo is one of the best sounding and best feeling engines ive ever driven but if the OP is looking for instant off the line snap of neck it just isn’t there... even with a Whipple my buddy’s 350 just doesn’t pull below 4,000 like the hellcat and it was never meant to since it was designed for high revs and turns.

Sponsored

T.Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT
The QV is a better platform for what you're using it for. Your best bet would be to look into tuning, to help reduce or remove the torque management you're experiencing.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Another vote for 911 Turbo S.

My all-time fantasy car, practical exotic.

iamevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was considering the exact opposite -- getting a Giulia Quad as a daily and saving the GT350 for the weekends. :wink:

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my fare share of cars, from Audi S3, RS3, S4, RS4 and S5, SRT, BMW M40i etc, what did all of these cars have in common except for the SRT? Turbo lag. I drove the Alpha and the M5 competition and for a 250k car, it also had turbo lag. Mash these off the line and they will bog down for fraction of a second and then go.

Now, I am in my superchrged mustang and there is no lag, and it is definately not a slouch off the line. You can launch these just like the Euros and they will keep up off the line if you get it right and then pull away, well, if you have FI that is.

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
I was considering the exact opposite -- getting a Giulia Quad as a daily and saving the GT350 for the weekends. :wink:
Bah, send that POS alfa back to Europe and grab a Stinger GT...
Sponsored