Sponsored

FP Magneride handling Kit Installed

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Just got it back from the shop. This is the kit that has the retune for the magneride, W springs and G sway bars.

I'll try to snap a few pics tomorrow of the ride height. Its not a huge change, just ~0.75in lower.

From the short drive I have had I have noticed this:
Normal Mode: A little stiffer. Not a lot, just enough to notice.
Sport+: I noticeably feel bumps more. Still not enough to bother me in any way as a daily driving mode
Track: Again it feels a bit more harsh than I recall it being before hand I would definable not wanna drive on a crap road with this, but I did notice that when doing the few bends I did have on the way home, the car felt VERY flat.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post some pics, but I'm not sure when I'll be abee to push it hard enough to give an "valuable" feedback pack how it is to daily drive.
Sponsored

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you convert from non mag to mag? Mind sharing the cost breakdown as I wish I got the one with MR and I'm considering getting it installed

Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just got it back from the shop. This is the kit that has the retune for the magneride, W springs and G sway bars.

I'll try to snap a few pics tomorrow of the ride height. Its not a huge change, just ~0.75in lower.

From the short drive I have had I have noticed this:
Normal Mode: A little stiffer. Not a lot, just enough to notice.
Sport+: I noticeably feel bumps more. Still not enough to bother me in any way as a daily driving mode
Track: Again it feels a bit more harsh than I recall it being before hand I would definable not wanna drive on a crap road with this, but I did notice that when doing the few bends I did have on the way home, the car felt VERY flat.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post some pics, but I'm not sure when I'll be abee to push it hard enough to give an "valuable" feedback pack how it is to daily drive.
Hi, Was thinking of fitting this kit & did ask CJ pony parts if l could fit to the Bullitt they came back with an answer which was 3 months ago not (NOT AT THIS TIME) did you buy from CJ pony parts?
Have you had the anti roll bars fitted as Ford stated the Bullitt has uprated anti roll bars fitted as standard so not sure if l need to fit these & just fit the lowering springs?

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I did buy from CJ. The bars look the same as the PP1 to me, which is an upgrade over the regular GT, I can check part numbers later. Best case is they are the same as the 350, R or PP2 all of which are smaller then the FP bars.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I can see they have progressive rate springs. When you removed the stock Magneride springs, were they progressive as well? I've used Ford's progressive rate springs on many Mustangs with good results. I am concerned with ride quality. Did you notice a stiffness? .

Sponsored
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can see they have progressive rate springs. When you removed the stock Magneride springs, were they progressive as well? I've used Ford's progressive rate springs on many Mustangs with good results. I am concerned with ride quality. Did you notice a stiffness? .
In Normal mode I don't notice much change at all. I definitely notice the stiffness in Sport + and Track modes. My understanding is that all of Fords springs are progressive.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
On the 15-17 pp the springs are not progressive. If you have your old ones, you will see the coils more tightly wound on the rears. Not a big deal. But I like progressives as they help the bumps which we have bad in MI. I replaced the springs on my '15 and the bumps were better, but the Steeda shocks were a bit too stiff for me.
Sound like you have exactly the best of both worlds: MagneRide and better handling.

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I did buy from CJ. The bars look the same as the PP1 to me, which is an upgrade over the regular GT, I can check part numbers later. Best case is they are the same as the 350, R or PP2 all of which are smaller then the FP bars.
Hi, thanks for info interested to see when you check part numbers for anti roll bars from front & the rear check out to be the same as the Bullitt which is fitted with PPI as standard.