7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Fck that vid is what I am starting to hear along with what I think is a bad front crank oil seal due to the leakage around pulley I found two days. I would say the tech did a shitty job. Going back in Tuesday.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks to member dbranger94 for posting that video because it's how I diagnosed my chirp noise and was able to repair it myself.
How did the part look when you swapped it out? Did it seem like it was about to crack open or like it could have lasted quite a bit longer, albeit with the annoying chirp?

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How did the part look when you swapped it out? Did it seem like it was about to crack open or like it could have lasted quite a bit longer, albeit with the annoying chirp?
Since I replaced both primary tensioner's I was able to compare them visually and by measuring with micrometer and bore gauge but found no major difference between the two tensioner's besides the drivers side showed more wear marks but nothing serious, I believe its possible the check valve inside tensioner may not be holding oil preasure and causing the plunger to move inside bore and create the chirp.

westtexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey new to the forum and have a 19 Mustang GT and while searching for pulley chirping and speaking on cold starts I discovered this thread. So I watch the video shared and it’s identical to what my mustang is sounding like. So I take it to the dealership where I bought it and get told that they need to repair my timing chain and that it was a defective part. I thought they were full of it until I found this thread.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Since I replaced both primary tensioner's I was able to compare them visually and by measuring with micrometer and bore gauge but found no major difference between the two tensioner's besides the drivers side showed more wear marks but nothing serious, I believe its possible the check valve inside tensioner may not be holding oil preasure and causing the plunger to move inside bore and create the chirp.
I never saw you replied. A late thanks for following up! Sounds like it'll have to be addressed at some point but I'm in no rush for it. I just don't want to stomach the dealer again, right now. Apart from the chirp my engine is running fantastic and I don't want them messing it up.

Hey new to the forum and have a 19 Mustang GT and while searching for pulley chirping and speaking on cold starts I discovered this thread. So I watch the video shared and it’s identical to what my mustang is sounding like. So I take it to the dealership where I bought it and get told that they need to repair my timing chain and that it was a defective part. I thought they were full of it until I found this thread.
Did they repair it already?

westtexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not yet it’s still there they said they only had half the parts and had to order the rest. I’ll update when I get it back.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I have the chirp, brought it to dealer back in January... they replaced my ac compreessor hub, obviously still had the chirp and they wanted to tear down my engine, said no thanks and took the car back. Car drives great. On cold start, its not there.... appears after driving a few miles. Generally hangs around a bit and go away if driving for a while, if you turn car off for a bit and restart, chirp is loud and clear, it sounds terrible to be honest.. Between the tick and the chirp, sounds like your going through a drive through in a hunk a junk... not something you paid 50k for..

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
I also have a 2019 with the chirp, took it in and they determined it was the A/C compressor. Ordered the parts but have not had it replaced yet.
After reading this I wonder if that's going to be a waste of time.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I also have a 2019 with the chirp, took it in and they determined it was the A/C compressor. Ordered the parts but have not had it replaced yet.
Waste of time, been there done that...

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Just print the SSM that was posted and bring it to your Dealer...

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I have the chirp, brought it to dealer back in January... they replaced my ac compreessor hub, obviously still had the chirp and they wanted to tear down my engine, said no thanks and took the car back. Car drives great. On cold start, its not there.... appears after driving a few miles. Generally hangs around a bit and go away if driving for a while, if you turn car off for a bit and restart, chirp is loud and clear, it sounds terrible to be honest.. Between the tick and the chirp, sounds like your going through a drive through in a hunk a junk... not something you paid 50k for..
But you paid 50K for a warranty that you now refuse to use. If Mercedes and BMW were such great cars they wouldn't have service departments.

Wheat392

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT82
Did the dealership correct the issue? If so, do you know what they ended up replacing?

TomW801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi,

I also have this annoying chirp, it appears about 1 minute after cold start and goes almost completely away when the cyl head temp reaches about 180 F.

Did anybody try Ceratec to cure this issue?
Does it help as it seems to do for the BBQ tick?

I'm living in Germany and my dealer says the mentioned TSB is not valid in Europe (yet?) so he refuses to do anything.

Tom
Sponsored