Easy and Inexpensive Mod

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Nagare, have you posted somewhere about those scoops in front of the rear wheel well? cool looking!
There are multiple brands of side scoops. I think Fordever's are Cervini's? Mine are Ford Accessory.

CVCashmere
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, those are the one Bill! I love em, the passenger side is a touch longer than the driver side and doesn't sit 100% flush in front of the rear wheel.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Last edited:

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Not great if you live in the UK --- $32 a set....PLUS $150 shipping!

Crazy!

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Not great if you live in the UK ---

$32 a set....

PLUS $150 shipping!

Crazy!

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
I know that this mod will be sacrilege to some, and the cry will go up that this makes the Mustang look more like a Ford Mondeo/Fusion ā€“ but hear me out. I really like the S550 Mustangā€™s design, but the one failing has always been around the grill area in my opinion. A great lump of plastic with a plastic pony emblem on it just doesnā€™t cut it any more. Now, without going in the other extreme direction like BMW ā€“ with giant grills that look like some kind of bucktoothed monster - Iā€™ve always wanted a bit more bright work at the front of the car. I polished the trim there (and throughout the car in fact), and that helped a bit, but only a bit. I know that some people like the ā€˜big mouthā€™ blacked-out look to their modded Mustangā€™s, but my car has never had that more aggressive look. So I ordered the APS bolt-on billet grill. Unfortunately it is a bit too bright and polished IMO so I wrapped every second horizontal bar with 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl to tone it down. The fact that this is a bolt-on the grill that goes on top of the stock one (so bumper off to attach) also means that you really need to push out the pony emblem to keep it visible - so I worked up a new DIY mounting to bring the pony out 1cm more which I think gives a more 3D presence on the grill in general. The cost of the billet grill is about $60. The 3M wrap and new mounting for the pony were all DIY jobs coming to about $20 in materials and a few evenings fiddling about to get the look right (though Iā€™ll probably get something more professional made eventually). But Iā€™m happy with the final result. As to that Ford Mondeo/Fusion charge: the truth of the matter is that that Ford grill design stole from the Aston Martin grill (when Ford still owned Aston Martin and so could get away with those things). But in any case the Aston Martin grill is handsome - so whatā€™s the problem? Moreover, Aston Martin famously stole design cues from the Mustang in the 1970s ā€“ so what goes round comes round in my opinion.
IMG_4032.jpg
IMG_4038.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4043.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg
IMG_4050.jpg
IMG_4051.jpg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Looks good. I was thinking about doing something similar, but eventually decided on the T-Rex billet aluminum polished grill.

Sponsored

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
It really is nice. I wonder if stacking a second horse would have given you a more finished look (so the gap would be less noticeable)? Still very good!!

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
It really is nice. I wonder if stacking a second horse would have given you a more finished look (so the gap would be less noticeable)? Still very good!!
Thatā€™s an interesting idea ā€“ but Iā€™m not sure if the horses would stack that well given that they donā€™t fit into each other like stackable chairs that neatly. Iā€™m actually okay with the current free-floating in front look: itā€™s how the pony gets attached to the grill at the rear that needs a more polished look IMO.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I like it, but itā€™s more of a luxury look. I prefer the badass look.
Sponsored