2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My theory is that people who have that sort of fuck you money to pay huge ADM do not go onto internet messaging boards to waste time like us peasants do.
Yeah - there's a reason they have that kind of money. They are busy making money working while I'm here typing this out.

I think the other thing that stops people from talking about ADMs is they know the reactions they will get. There's so much posturing and deceit on the internet - it's not really the place to have a heart to heart with someone. I paid 5k over on my GT350 in November of 2015. Not a huge ADM, but still significant. At the time it was worth it to me. I would much rather pay more for a car than anything else I own or purchase. All the other things in life are less important to me. Some people waited almost 4 years before buying one. Good for them. At the time I didn't want to wait.

And I'm not going to come on here and pretend that I have an insider connection or lie about what I paid. Just not my way of doing things.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to pass on an offer from a dealer for a GT500 allocation. Price is $500 under MSRP. They want $5k non-refundable deposit, $250 doc fee, and $33 titling/registration. So the car would be MSRP - $500 + $283. Dealer is in OH and will secure your allocation upon deposit. This is obviously for someone who is intent to get theirs and not just kicking tires.

Direct message me and I'll put you in contact of the sales manager there. Just passing this along.

NOTE: No more PM's please. Car is taken.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm going to pass on an offer from a dealer for a GT500 allocation. Price is $500 under MSRP. They want $5k non-refundable deposit, $250 doc fee, and $33 titling/registration. So the car would be MSRP - $500 + $283. Dealer is in OH and will secure your allocation upon deposit. This is obviously for someone who is intent to get theirs and not just kicking tires.

Direct message me and I'll put you in contact of the sales manager there. Just passing this along.

Well done and thank you. I hope it went to an established member of our community.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

Good on you. A lot of people would have flipped this for $$

iya0yas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
'14 Dodge Durango R/T, '18 Dodge Demon, '04 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD
I'm the new guy here and admittingly somewhat late to the "2020 GT500 party". Does anyone know when the dealer order banks open and of the 5k GT500's estimated for 2020, how Ford will allocate 25% of the 500's to be configured with the "CF Track Pkg." and "Painted Over-The-Top Racing Stripes"? Is the CFTP & Stripe allocation being done on a 1st-come, 1st serve basis or perhaps they will be allocated based on Share of Nation Mustang & Shelby sales? Thanks-

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
To answer all of your questions - at this point, there are no answers from Ford to any of them.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm the new guy here and admittingly somewhat late to the "2020 GT500 party". Does anyone know when the dealer order banks open and of the 5k GT500's estimated for 2020, how Ford will allocate 25% of the 500's to be configured with the "CF Track Pkg." and "Painted Over-The-Top Racing Stripes"? Is the CFTP & Stripe allocation being done on a 1st-come, 1st serve basis or perhaps they will be allocated based on Share of Nation Mustang & Shelby sales? Thanks-
Share of national Mustang and Shelby GT350 shares will determine final GT500 dealer allocation as well as the distribution of Carbon Fiber Track Pack and Painted Stripes.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Share of national Mustang and Shelby GT350 shares will determine final GT500 dealer allocation as well as the distribution of Carbon Fiber Track Pack and Painted Stripes.
Yes, above and beyond the guaranteed allotment of one. Previous "sales" usually drive allocations.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...as well as the distribution of Carbon Fiber Track Pack and Painted Stripes.
I haven't seen that in print.

So of the 1 guaranteed GT500 allocation that a participating dealer gets, his chances of getting a CF TP car are based on Mustang sales? That would imply that small dealers that in no way match the sales of large, high volume dealerships, would ever be able to get one.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I haven't seen that in print.

So of the 1 guaranteed GT500 allocation that a participating dealer gets, his chances of getting a CF TP car are based on Mustang sales? That would imply that small dealers that in no way match the sales of large, high volume dealerships, would ever be able to get one.
It's not in print. That came out of my conversation with Jim Owens at Carlisle Ford Nationals a little over a week ago. They call those two options "golden ticket" items and some dealers might get more than one. You can also combine two golden tickets to get a car with both options.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venom kills demons and now apparently golden tickets kill CF Track Pack GT500's - for some anyway. Hopefully this Willy Wonka "system" proves to not be the case.

iya0yas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
'14 Dodge Durango R/T, '18 Dodge Demon, '04 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD
This all sounds familiar with the exception of the Golden Tickets (a.k.a. ADM++)... The Demon was allocated to dealers in a similar fashion whereby the number of allocations was awarded based on overall SRT sales from June '16 to June '17. Order banks opened on June 21st and closed on Sept. 20th. In all, 3,012 Demons were built with 300 of those staying in Canada. Dealers were charging exorbitant ADM's to the tune of $50k+ in some of the larger markets such as Florida and California. MSRP was available but those deals were far and few between... I suspect MSRP for the GT500 is long gone now as well but with a little luck and persistence there may be a few smaller dealers willing to play ball at MSRP. That said, if the Golden Ticket rule applies, then said small dealers may not be eligible for the Golden Tickets i.e., CF or Stripe pkg. Honestly, that's fine by me as I'll "settle" for the Base Model GT500 if, I can find one at MSRP...

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I prefer the base model anyway. I am not a stripe person and put aftermarket wheels on every car i own, the GT500 will be no exception. So that leaves the really BIG wing which i am 50/50 on whether i like it or not so the base model it is for me!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I prefer the base model anyway. I am not a stripe person and put aftermarket wheels on every car i own, the GT500 will be no exception. So that leaves the really BIG wing which i am 50/50 on whether i like it or not so the base model it is for me!
When you get aftermarket wheels please let me know if you want to sell the stock set for a nice low price
I am going to try to get a carbon fiber track pack car and put base GT500 wheels on it for the street.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
When you get aftermarket wheels please let me know if you want to sell the stock set for a nice low price
I am going to try to get a carbon fiber track pack car and put base GT500 wheels on it for the street.
I'm thinking of going forged out of the gate. If I do, I'll keep you in mind when I sell the base wheels.