OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So another week and no real numbers from Ford. Oh well.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I for some reason have a strong feeling that the reveal of the GT500 will fall sometime after July 18th. :angel::giggle:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the significance of July 18th?

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So even GM knows to set a solid date and do an actual full reveal on said date. That is about the only thing they do better than Ford.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So even GM knows to set a solid date and do an actual full reveal on said date. That is about the only thing they do better than Ford.
Corvette was just named most deadliest car. Not the greatest review.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well hopefully we will see something soon. I would like to know the numbers. I will not be attempting to get one though. The ADM's will be crazy here in S. FL. Just to many people willing to pay top dollar to be the first. Besides, I am happy with my GT350. I will not be sad driving her around. (Also I spent my GT500 money on Betty) :wink:

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
A couple of problems with your post:

1) Ford isnā€™t limited to 12 psi.

2) Fords overhead cam engines respond better to boost then chevys pushrod engines.

3) not sure your point about tunes is valid. It seem the Fords usually have higher ā€œtune onlyā€ gains.

Letā€™s see where things go.

Im thinking the number is pretty healthy.

Ford said end quote ā€œ12psi Of boost and itā€™s the same unit off of the zr1ā€

When itā€™s comes to boosted engines having super high flows heads is on the short list here lol. Iā€™m telling you point blank the stock tune on this car will be more aggressive than what Chevy did with the zr1, due to displacement and a lower redline. Iā€™m
Not knocking the car but itā€™ll be interesting to see what itā€™ll do with mods. Knock would be my main concern

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Ford said end quote ā€œ12psi Of boost and itā€™s the same unit off of the zr1ā€

When itā€™s comes to boosted engines having super high flows heads is on the short list here lol. Iā€™m telling you point blank the stock tune on this car will be more aggressive than what Chevy did with the zr1, due to displacement and a lower redline. Iā€™m
Not knocking the car but itā€™ll be interesting to see what itā€™ll do with mods. Knock would be my main concern
You can't compare blowers when the motor is completely different lmao

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
You can't compare blowers when the motor is completely different lmao
You absolutely can because the blower moves a certain volume (CFM) of air. Thatā€™s the constant.

The rest is speed (rpm), compression, timing etc.

The goal with higher flowing heads is to reduce the restriction into the air pump (engine).

Think of boost as the resistance of air entering the pump. Therefore, higher flowing heads would allow less resistance of air with the same pressure which would equal more power.

Anyway thereā€™s a lot more to it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

I donā€™t remekber Ford giving out the PSI. If they did, thatā€™s interesting. Just that it was the same unit which produces (nearly 14 peak) in the Corvette. Would you mind posting the source? The only thing Iā€™ve seen with that number is a road and track article that quotes Ford on some thing and then adds their own, non-quotes details. The 12 number was added by R&T and not quoted.

Ford was rolling with 15 psi on the ā€˜13 gt500 which used a 5.8 that doesnā€™t compare to the 5.0 now. Let alone the 5.2 CPC. And the 5.0 was built for supercharging from the beginning. There really isnā€™t anything stopping them from running 15 psi now.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You absolutely can because the blower moves a certain volume (CFM) of air. Thatā€™s the constant.

The rest is speed (rpm), compression, timing etc.

The goal with higher flowing heads is to reduce the restriction into the air pump (engine).

Think of boost as the resistance of air entering the pump. Therefore, higher flowing heads would allow less resistance of air with the same pressure which would equal more power.

Anyway thereā€™s a lot more to it.
Boost is more like air pressure in the engine.
Itā€™s not only at the entrance, but even in the exit. Itā€™s why headers will lower boost, but gain power.
Sponsored