Sponsored

Anyone thought about trading in their 50yers for a bullitt?

50yrs1211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 50yrs le
I have been contimplating trading in my 50 years for a bullett. Anyone done that?
Sponsored

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
I went back and forth between buying this LE or a Bullitt. Both are great cars and I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I thought about it. Things I wish I had were magneride, digital dash and adaptive cruise. I like the movie but I'm not a HUGE fan of it. I like the clean front end but the color and wheels are just ok. Most dealerships in the NW have a significant ADM on these so I haven't considered seriously. Every time I drive the LE I enjoy it so I'm not super motivated to replace with the latest and greatest technology.

A 350R on the other hand, now that would be different enough to turn my head. Just my 2cents worth.

BHRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary #1326 - 2016 Z51 Stingray - 1972 C10 Cheyenne
Nope. Very happy with mine. It's already had the normal issues corrected through warranty and no ticks or knocks. I think it would be foolish to trade in a quiet LE for a Bullitt with a Gen 3 motor that seems to have issues. I like the movie too, but not enough to make the trade.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Almost bought a 50th back in 14, but got a GT instead. Now have a Bullitt and LOVE it. Didn't have the PP before so that's a nice improvement. The absolute best thing about the Bullitt, other than the color, is the active exhaust. Yes, the Magnaride is great. The digital dash and other newer/better tech is nice. The ponyless front end without a hack-job looking grille is also great. The rev matching is kinda cool for those of us that aren't coordinated enough to do it ourselves or just don't care. I like the new gearing for 18+ as well.

With all that said, NOTHING (except the color, of course) is better than the active exhaust. Not only is it quite when you want it to be, (sounds like my stock 15 GT) but it'll scream when you want it to and sounds AMAZING. Watch/read the "professional" reviews and every one of them just can't get over how good it sounds. Supposedly the Bullitt sounds better than a GT w/ Active Exhaust, but I haven't seen/heard a comparison.

Sponsored

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
With all that said, NOTHING (except the color, of course) is better than the active exhaust. Not only is it quite when you want it to be, (sounds like my stock 15 GT) but it'll scream when you want it to and sounds AMAZING. Watch/read the "professional" reviews and every one of them just can't get over how good it sounds. Supposedly the Bullitt sounds better than a GT w/ Active Exhaust, but I haven't seen/heard a comparison.
I haven't seen anything negative said about that package. What a great car Ford built. I have to be honest, I wish my LE had the active exhaust, I want to upgrade mine but have no interest in making my neighbors mad, I leave for work at 5AM so I coast down the street as it is. I'm thinking of just doing the Ford Street exhaust for a slightly better sound without being too loud. I wish I could control it though.

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
There were so many things I wanted from the newer model I traded my LE for an 18. I was going to swap in the digital dash and sync 3 but after some though and wanting the a10 also, I made the switch. I did love my LE but I'm enjoying all the new tech and the 18 rides better. I think most likely it's the tires but still.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I haven't seen anything negative said about that package. What a great car Ford built. I have to be honest, I wish my LE had the active exhaust, I want to upgrade mine but have no interest in making my neighbors mad, I leave for work at 5AM so I coast down the street as it is. I'm thinking of just doing the Ford Street exhaust for a slightly better sound without being too loud. I wish I could control it though.
The Active Exhaust has 4 or 5 modes--I forget--from raucous to fairly mild V8. Also, it has 'Quiet Mode,' that can be set based on time (I think up to 12 hours):

https://www.wired.com/story/ford-mustang-jerk-silencing/

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
There were so many things I wanted from the newer model I traded my LE for an 18. I was going to swap in the digital dash and sync 3 but after some though and wanting the a10 also, I made the switch. I did love my LE but I'm enjoying all the new tech and the 18 rides better. I think most likely it's the tires but still.
You can swap in digital dash and sync 3 to the anniversay generation?

Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
You can swap in digital dash and sync 3 to the anniversay generation?
Yes you can. There is a guy on here that sells the swap kit plug and play. Sync3 is easy but pricy. It may have come down some. I would think to swap both over would be over or close to 4k. Would be awsome to see a LE with the digital dash

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Dunno if I'll do the dash but considering a sync 3 swap for sure.
Sponsored