Custom electronics panel for glove compartment

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
This is one of my weekend projects for my s550:

IMG_6283.jpg

In the pic, on the left, it’s a RigRunner that also has powered USB; I’ll use this to power my radar detector (Uniden R3) and leaves ports for future expansion. Center is a Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot so I can travel with my own WiFi connection (think about Waze always being connected . . . ). On the right is a USB hub that pulls from the RigRunner and leaves room for expansion. This will power my dashcam, charge my phone and power the mobile hotspot.

The entire panel will be connected - via the RigRunner - to key power with my fuse tap.

And all of it is mounted on a 12”x4” piece of ABS plastic that I have sized to fit in the glove compartment.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looks solid (other than the logos on the Netgear piece being upside down compared to the rest would drive me crazy), but unless the hotspot is a different company than your phone...both are going to lose connection at the same time most likely.

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
Looks solid (other than the logos on the Netgear piece being upside down compared to the rest would drive me crazy), but unless the hotspot is a different company than your phone...both are going to lose connection at the same time most likely.
Netgear is upside down so that I can get to the USB connection easier. It uses USB-C and those cables are not always the easiest to find so I have to place it like this to reach the USB hub.
Sponsored