Sponsored

I "Think" I got the best dea ever or did I?

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
My slightly used 2018 lightning blue premium gt heavily optioned with a msrp of 52k set me back 41k a few months back and only had 548 miles on the clock. I felt good about my deal also.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Congrats on the purchase. Who cares what the “deal” was. You got a nice car and if the engine was swapped pretty sure they have to disclose that since it doesn’t match the vin. It’s very obvious “too loud” meant exhaust. I never thought engine tick. Lol. Where do you guys come up with this.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the responses, it's pretty neat to see what others paid based on MSRP.

For all I knew, I may have gotten a bad deal. But I feel a business transaction is when you exchange goods and services, and you both walk away happy. That's really all that matters.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I paid 83% on my '18 premium PP1 'Vert new in 2018 with a ton of options.

With about 5k miles, clear bra and a few other things added, believe I could get right around 70% MSRP private sale. So your deal is right in-line with those numbers.

Funny, in business they teach you that a good deal is when both sides walk away happy but not completely happy.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
If you think it's a good deal that's all that matters really. Who really cares what Tom, Dick and Harry think or what the Jones' paid for their cars.

You already thought it was a good deal which is why you pulled the trigger.

Enjoy the car!

Sponsored

paul_g

Hmmm... Like others have said, don't know if you got the best deal ever... I think you could have got a GT Premium manual for about 35/36, and possibly an A10 for 36-38... I paid 39 (11% off MSRP) for my brand new GT/CS Premium w/A10. But that was after 2 hours of negotiations, to which I've got pretty good with over the years.

Again, each geo market will be different. I happen to be in an over saturated Mustang/Challenger/Corvette/Camaro/Tesla geo area... Competition is tough between the dealerships.

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I paid 32,500 for a 19 base GT.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I paid $38,750 for my special order '18 GT PP2 right at the end of MY18. Sticker was $47,080, so that was 82.3% of MSRP (or 17.7% off MSRP). That was before TTL and included $750 private cash, but based on how many people were having problems even getting an '18 PP2, I was thrilled with that deal. OP, if the car is like you say, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I paid 46k for my MSRP 53K 2019 car which is about 15% off MSRP and I was happy with the deal mainly because the scarcity of the options I wanted.

Last edited:

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I paid $37K for a Vert with a '18 $52,565 sticker with 8K miles... so 70.3%... but ultimately I probably would have paid more as it was the only used, low mileage white vert, with blackout package and spoiler delete and automatic/A10 with active exhaust we could find in the country... my wife's requirements. The Shaker Pro and carbon fiber package were icing on the cake. Also Ford-Pre-owned Certified, so I still have 2.5 years of bumper to bumper warranty and the rear tires have lots of tread.

It was an 8 hour drive to get... I rented one way through Hertz and as best as I can tell what was going to be a $70 1 day rental actually was removed from my credit card, so had to only spend ~$40 in gas.

What is also important to understand is financing and trade in... in this case I had no trade in as this was an extra car for the family and I financed separately through my credit union at 3.5%.

If the dealership "beat you" for a grand or two on the trade in and/or 1/2%+ extra financing charges ones economics become altogether different.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I paid $37K for a Vert with a '18 $52,565 sticker with 8K miles... so 70.3%... but ultimately I probably would have paid more as it was the only used, low mileage white vert, with blackout package and spoiler delete and automatic/A10 with active exhaust we could find in the country... my wife's requirements. The Shaker Pro and carbon fiber package were icing on the cake. It was an 8 hour drive to get... I rented one way through Hertz and as best as I can tell what was going to be a $70 1 day rental actually was removed from my credit card, so had to only spend ~$40 in gas.

What is also important to understand is financing and trade in... in this case I had no trade in as this was an extra car for the family and I financed separately through my credit union at 3.5%.

If the dealership "beat you" for a grand or two on the trade in and/or 1/2%+ extra financing charges ones economics become altogether different.
Yup, I did the same as you. No trade and financed through my local credit union. I did finance through Chrysler on my Grand Cherokee for an additional $1K rebate. Made three payments and refinanced through my credit union. This can pay off if the offer is big enough as long as you can get a better rate and only make a couple payments while still keeping the rebate.

Thors12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thorsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think you got a very good deal. They are out there. I am not sure why someone gets rid of a car in such a short time but maybe they couldn’t afford it , hated it , ha don’t trouble, who knows. Took me about 3 months to find my 2018 gt premium convertible with 401a, pp1 and magneride. It had 3 k miles on it and I paid $35k. Sticker was $56k. Someone took one hell of a bath.

I had to go 650 miles to pick it up. Uber to the airport, flew down to an airport 2 hours away. Rented a car for $24 to drive to about 10 min from dealership and then walked the rest of the way. Was a fun little adventure

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly 1yr ago I picked up my used 18, it had an Msrp of $47,765 and 1,168 miles.
Out the door for $32,500. It has been a fantastic car so far, all be it some of the weird quirks and demons.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm... Like others have said, don't know if you got the best deal ever... I think you could have got a GT Premium manual for about 35/36, and possibly an A10 for 36-38... I paid 39 (11% off MSRP) for my brand new GT/CS Premium w/A10. But that was after 2 hours of negotiations, to which I've got pretty good with over the years.

Again, each geo market will be different. I happen to be in an over saturated Mustang/Challenger/Corvette/Camaro/Tesla geo area... Competition is tough between the dealerships.
He got a premium with the 10 speed auto for much less than that.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid about $42,700 before taxes for my GT premium manual PP1 with magneride, which was my compromise since I couldn’t get my hands on a PP2 at the time (end of June, 19’s were coming in 1 month). Which in retrospect I’m happy I didn’t because the square stance looks pretty awkward in person with 305/30’s all around, I would’ve had to get new tires to be happy and that is an unnecessary cost. Mustangs are just meant to be staggered. In my opinion of course no offense to any one who likes it, it’s an amazing car regardless of my opinion. The sticker was $50,700 before taxes for mine. It was at the time the only mustang fully loaded in the area with PP1 and magneride. The dealership had to trade with another to get it for me. The only thing I didn’t get was the CF package which I would’ve wanted for the alcantara trim and the Recaro’s which I wouldn’t have wanted because of the loss of the heated/cool seat option for a cost of more money, didn’t make sense to me really but I would’ve taken it if it was the only option though. They are beautiful seats, and with the alcantara and CF package even more beautiful. I’ve since put $9-$10k worth of parts both performance and cosmetic into my car. Lol. It’s an addiction. So you did good. Why buy new if you got what you want basically new. Now put all the money you saved into parts. Lol. For me the Roush super charger is next.
Sponsored

Last edited: