Sponsored

Corralled Mustang on grill vs non-corralled?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's funny. I blacked out all the ponies on mine and got rid of most of them
Its good when we can laugh at our mistakes.[/unabashed pony fan]

j/k

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Bear376 said: ↑
There were 1965 of the 50th anniversary models. They were only in certain colors.

True that was 50 Year Limited Edition Mustang but the 50 Year Anniversary Package was available in all colors mine is Competition Orange

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I know some here may disagree and it is a long standing disagreement among Mustang loyalists, but 1965 was the first model year for the Mustang

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I know some here may disagree and it is a long standing disagreement among Mustang loyalists, but 1965 was the first model year for the Mustang
When the Mustang was introduced in April 1964 it was introduced as a 1965. The first part of the production run of Mustangs is commonly called 1964 1/2 and these are identified by having among other things a generator where the full on 1965 Mustangs have a alternator.

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
the 50yr editions were only 2 colors. wimbledon wht and kona blue? i believe, they had the same chrome badges as our 50th anniv package but difference was the serial numbered plate on the dash and the "louvered" side windows on the car, and unique wheels. both limited to 1964 production numbers.
if you ever been to CJ Pony in harrisburg they had one in their showroom for the last couple years still wrapped in its white "coat" that came with the car. dont see too much of them now. most people who bought them have them as
"keepers" now.

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Easiest way to tell is to look at the brakes (should be 6-piston Brembos), wheels should be black 19" 9" wide front / 9.5" rear with P Zero summer tires, strut tower brace under the hood - that assuming car has not been modified. I have the '15 order guide somewhere - you do have 50 year appearance package (I've had '15 car with it) and this was '15 model year option only.
Key word here - _appearance_ package. You could have that and Performance package concurrently though, those were not exclusive options.
I need to correct a previous post. I do not have 6-piston Brembo calipers. I have 4-piston frt calipers. But I do have a strut tower brace.

The only modification on the car is the wheels.

I do have the line-lock feature and all the gauges

Could it be the brake upgrade was a separate option?

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
the 50yr editions were only 2 colors. wimbledon wht and kona blue? i believe, they had the same chrome badges as our 50th anniv package but difference was the serial numbered plate on the dash and the "louvered" side windows on the car, and unique wheels. both limited to 1964 production numbers.
if you ever been to CJ Pony in harrisburg they had one in their showroom for the last couple years still wrapped in its white "coat" that came with the car. dont see too much of them now. most people who bought them have them as
"keepers" now.
Were there any limited edition 2015 GT convertibles made?

Last edited:

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Were there any limited edition 2015 GT convertibles made?
One of them was made in white and auctioned off/raffled for charity.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I need to correct a previous post. I do not have 6-piston Brembo calipers. I have 4-piston frt calipers. But I do have a strut tower brace.

The only modification on the car is the wheels.

I do have the line-lock feature and all the gauges

Could it be the brake upgrade was a separate option?
No - most likely someone added the brace as an addition. Brakes came only as a part of performance package, some people added them themselves (upgraded the brakes and rotors).

Sponsored

BuffBakerGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
20190427_163334.jpg
20190428_105353.jpg
20190428_155447.jpg

Before, during, after...

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I want that grille so much. The pony doesn't look as lonely as it does on mine. LOL
I've got one I'll be selling. I just switched to a blacked out GT grill.

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
No - most likely someone added the brace as an addition. Brakes came only as a part of performance package, some people added them themselves (upgraded the brakes and rotors).
Maybe. But I doubt anyone added a strut tower brace. I’m thinking that all convertibles came with a STB...

On a side note, the four piston calipers on my GT are huge! And they stop great. These front calipers are bigger than the ones on my former 96 Cobra. I’m happy with them. And I never was a big fan of red painted calipers. Too European-ish...

Last edited: