Coming from a Giulia Quadrifoglio

TestaR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kris
Vehicle(s)
Tesla XP100D, Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio
Hi everyone. As the title says, I'm considering selling my Giulia Quadrifoglio for something with considerable off the line power with a manual. I love my Alfa and in 18 months of ownership has been flawless in reliability, and is a track beast. My biggest gripe with the car is the a slow off the line start followed by huge turbo rush which causes the rear tires to lose traction once boost hits. Its actually relatively tame off the line but once it gets going, you get thrown back into the seat. I've added a Pedal box for more instant throttle response but they don't do much off the line. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Hi everyone. As the title says, I'm considering selling my Giulia Quadrifoglio for something with considerable off the line power with a manual. I love my Alfa and in 18 months of ownership has been flawless in reliability, and is a track beast. My biggest gripe with the car is the a slow off the line start followed by huge turbo rush which causes the rear tires to lose traction once boost hits. Its actually relatively tame off the line but once it gets going, you get thrown back into the seat. I've added a Pedal box for more instant throttle response but they don't do much off the line. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
First off you might want to stop using that pedal box thing. It's just not doing anything to help you I think.
Secondly, you might prefer a naturally aspirated V8 like the GT or GT350. That would probably help you by having a more linear powerband. Might want to consider the GT350 since it's more track ready than the GT.

OP
OP

TestaR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kris
Vehicle(s)
Tesla XP100D, Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio
First off you might want to stop using that pedal box thing. It's just not doing anything to help you I think.
Secondly, you might prefer a naturally aspirated V8 like the GT or GT350. That would probably help you by having a more linear powerband. Might want to consider the GT350 since it's more track ready than the GT.
I'm considering a '19 GT350 with all the suspension changes, I hear its faster off the line than an '18. I'm a little concerned that its not going to be much quicker than a Giulia, and missing all that carbon fiber. The Pedal box doesn't add horsepower or make the car quicker, but the throttle response once you get going is dramatically changed. You'd have to mash the throttle every time to mimic what the Pedal box does.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm considering a '19 GT350 with all the suspension changes, I hear its faster off the line than an '18. I'm a little concerned that its not going to be much quicker than a Giulia, and missing all that carbon fiber. The Pedal box doesn't add horsepower or make the car quicker, but the throttle response once you get going is dramatically changed. You'd have to mash the throttle every time to mimic what the Pedal box does.
Wouldn't you rather have pedal modulation though, especially at the track? That's essentially what it does, reduces pedal modulation.

eighty6gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
This thread went meh in a hurry. Just get the GT350, and when it's not what you want toss it aside.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Gt350 is relatively slow off the line as well. You don’t really feel anything until 3500rpm. It’s not a torque monster like the rest of American breeds. I’d look at Chevy products for faster off the line numbers, as well as good track behavior.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Porsche 911 with a DCT will launch like crazy if you want to feel dizzying torque, especially on the street. GT350 not so much.

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Good luck finding anything that feels right to you 'off-the-line' when your DD is a Tesla...

Sponsored

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
GT350 is not what you want if you want "off the line" power. It builds as the revs build.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Obviously, the GT500 should fit the bill.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Porsche 911 with a DCT will launch like crazy if you want to feel dizzying torque, especially on the street. GT350 not so much.
Yes. 911 Turbo S should do, too, and would be my choice for the price. That rear engine placement helps improve traction, too, which helps reduce wheel spin compared to a front engine setup.
Sponsored