NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
BTW I noticed the power difference right away. FYI if you get the PP installed by the dealer the tune file would be on their computer, make sure you ask them for it. Regardless, you setup an account on FP website for them to give you the tune.
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Listening to one shop in AZ will get you one answer, but listening to an informed consensus will get you closer to the truth.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
I agree the FP tune should be safe. You probably know, but will mention: the tune does void the 5 yr factory warranty on the engine (powertrain?) and replaces it with a 3 year warranty from Ford Performance starting from date the car was originally sold. The mileage limit is also reduced from the factory number. So you will be on your own sooner with the FP tune.
LOL, according to the conversation i had with Ford ESP even a ford performance tune voids everything the minute you install it. (see other thread).

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
LOL, according to the conversation i had with Ford ESP even a ford performance tune voids everything the minute you install it. (see other thread).
Those people are clueless. If you read the fine print on both Ford's power train and limited warranties, and the fine print from FRPP, it says otherwise. I had an FRPP tune on my 2011 GT since 1100 miles and I went through 2 MT82 replacements due to bad syncros, plus bolts from my pressure plate backing out. Never had an issue getting it covered and there was a Ford regional rep involved in my case due to the costs and issues the car had. Both the rep, and the dealer doing the work were aware of the tune, as the dealer is the one that installed it.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
ASE2XO.gif

Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
You gotta read between the lines on the warranty statement. Ford Motor Co considers Ford Performance parts to be AFTERMARKET PARTS, and the same rules apply to them as apply to ANY aftermarket parts.

Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Performance and mountune parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance and mountune parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance and mountune parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.
The Ford Performance (FP) warranty is 3 yr/36k from date of original purchase of the vehicle, not the tune. And that's for the original owner, not subsequent owners. Any warranty claims resulting from use of the tune will be covered by FP, not your New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW). Any warranty claims made after the FP warranty expires are covered by your NVLW unless the issue results from use of the tune.

Of all the performance tunes available for this engine, the FP tune has the most R&D behind it--by the same team that designed and engineered the car, no less--so it's the one least likely to cause engine damage. But (and this is the crux of the matter), you are installing a software modification intended to increase engine power output, and your NVLW expressly forbids the installation of such software. In other words, you are giving Ford all the evidence it needs to deny warranty claims that can in any way be related to high power demand, such as a catastrophic engine failure.

I spoke with the parts guy at my local Ford Performance dealer. I specifically asked him if I have an engine problem cause by use of the FP tune AFTER the FP warranty expires, but BEFORE my NVLW expires, would my NVLW cover the claim. He assured me it would--verbally. When I asked to get that in writing via email I got nothing but crickets.

Adding to the confusion is that some report success in getting warranty claims covered under their NVLW with all kinds of aftermarket parts installed (including wild-ass tunes from completely unproven vendors), while others get denied for just mentioning performance tuning (that's exaggeration).

I think the only thing you can safely assume is that if you install the FP tune and your engine explodes after the FP warranty expires (which will be something less than 16k miles for you) you MAY NOT BE COVERED BY ANY WARRANTY.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am a brand new first time Mustang owner with a 2017 premium ECOBOOST with performance package. Purchased from a local Ford dealer with 20k miles. I love the car and the previous owner kept it flawless and serviced. I would like to do some upgrades right out the gate that will keep my warranty intact like the FP tune along with some other upgrades y'all have recommended like a catch can, intercooler, spark plugs and one of the BOVs that works with the OEM. Not sure about exhaust yet.

So I called a local dyno shop and they told me they don't touch the Eco and no one in AZ will. She said not to do the tune and just enjoy the car because I won't be able to get everything out of it with out anyone dialing in the tune and the internet guys that will would just be throwing my money out the window on the highway because they can't do anything accurately over email.

Can anyone respond to this with thoughts and how I should proceed? I'm not a car guy but my brother is and he's had several mustangs including a new gt350 so I have someone to help me. I'm in the beginning stages of my research and what they told me has me a bit bummed out. What can or should I do to this car that will give it some pep without going crazy and still maintaining warranty? Or is it really not worth investing in FP and some minor bolt ons? Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
You said"she told me" so is she one of the tuners at that shop?
Or a sales,front desk person?
I've not heard of a female tuner,but that's just me.

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP Ruby Red
You said"she told me" so is she one of the tuners at that shop?
Or a sales,front desk person?
I've not heard of a female tuner,but that's just me.
Wife of the owner, they run the shop together. My mechanic told me later that he talked to the owner and he thought he could help me but I never heard back from anyone. I’ve moved on since so it’s all good.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wife of the owner, they run the shop together. My mechanic told me later that he talked to the owner and he thought he could help me but I never heard back from anyone. I’ve moved on since so it’s all good.
It's good you came for more advice. Always better to get different opinions when researching for our vehicles.

CHeYeNNe71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheyenne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
What shop in Az so I never go there? Haha. Just picked up my 2017 Vert w/PP. Just swapped in the FP tune and CAI along with Magnaflow competition. Just having issues with fitment at moment because of the brace on vert. Waiting to hear back from Magnaflow about replacement or other.
Mustang.jpg
Sponsored