Sponsored

Need some help CEL CODES

5.0freak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto
So yesterday we had a pretty rough storm around here. I didn’t drive through any high water but did go through a couple puddles that maybe have been a few inches deep (no more than 3 inches) this morning I started my car and saw my check engine light was on (not on ever before this) I used my nguage to check and the codes were P0030 P0050 P2254 and U0212. Has anyone had these before if so how’d you fix it? Cars at the dealership and they’re going to try and replace the 02 sensors to see if that fixes it which im guessing is the issue but just wanted to see what everyone else who had this issue did. My car does have headers but they’ve been on there for over 2 years now and driven through lots of rain with no issues up until this point.

Thanks in advance for any insight
Sponsored

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
The first two codes seem to indicate the heaters on the 02 sensors are out. The third is one of the o2 sensors itself showing the wrong voltage. The last one is odd, it seems to be a problem with communication to the steering wheel. For them all to come up at once sounds curious, more like an electrical issue than the sensors and steering wheel. Perhaps chewed wires or a short? Your dealer will know much better, I'm just guessing.

OP
OP

5.0freak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto
The first two codes seem to indicate the heaters on the 02 sensors are out. The third is one of the o2 sensors itself showing the wrong voltage. The last one is odd, it seems to be a problem with communication to the steering wheel. For them all to come up at once sounds curious, more like an electrical issue than the sensors and steering wheel. Perhaps chewed wires or a short? Your dealer will know much better, I'm just guessing.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. That last code seems odd but the rest have to do with 02 sensors. Not sure how the steering column controls have any connection with the 02 sensors but I’m sure the dealer can figure it out. Hopefully no electrical issues though not trying to deal with all the BS that comes those

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
The EPAS steering module is located under the front of the engine. It may have gotten wet.

OP
OP

5.0freak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto
The EPAS steering module is located under the front of the engine. It may have gotten wet.
Ahh ok I didn’t know that. That’s probably what happened then. Hope it’s an easy fix
Sponsored