Sponsored

Alignment questions

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just had the alignment done and gave them these specs that I was wanting to achieve.

Front
Camber -1.8
Toe .02

Rear
Camber -1.4
Toe .1

And you can see what they were able to achieve.

I am lowered 1" on Eibach Pro's.

I understand that limit on the front camber, but I had the car aligned a few years back and they got the fronts to -1.7. Then after that, I had BMR camber bolts installed. Why would they not be able to get more negative camber than what I had previously?

ALso, look at the toe number on the front. 0.00 per side, but an overall of 0.05? Which would make sense if each side was at 0.025. WTF is up with that?

Should I have the rear brought back down to like a -1.0 to be more in relation to the front?
20190606_055326.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
yup, looks like they ignored your specs. Find a different shop. Some things you can’t teach.

FightingFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
NightmareMoon is right, find a shop that understands what you want and is capable of doin it.

If you are unshure, let them show and explain their alignment rack to you.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
They nailed your front toe specs tho. The machine wont read less than 0.05, so the fronts reading 0 means its <0.05, and the total being 0.05 means what little toe there is approximately adds up to 0.05. They got it as close as they could considering the precision of the machine.

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
yup, looks like they ignored your specs. Find a different shop. Some things you can’t teach.
They did get everything right except the front camber. I'm just a little confused as to why they couldn't get any more negative camber in the front, after it ALREADY had been at one point -1.7 previously. I know I got things back outta whack after installing the struts with having to remove the camber bolts and everything but why would they not be able to get it back to where it was previously?

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Without camber plates u should not be able to hit -1.8° in the front. Whatever happened before was either dumb luck or a malfunctioning machine. I think they did the best they could with your setup. Get camber plates installed and you will get better numbers

No, the rear can be different than the front. I run -1.6 rear and -2 up front

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sorry.... am lowered on Eibach Pros.

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Without camber plates u should not be able to hit -1.8° in the front. Whatever happened before was either dumb luck or a malfunctioning machine. I think they did the best they could with your setup. Get camber plates installed and you will get better numbers

No, the rear can be different than the front. I run -1.6 rear and -2 up front
What about with camber bolts and lowered 1"? What's the most negative camber usually seen on these cars with just these?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What about with camber bolts and lowered 1"? What's the most negative camber usually seen on these cars with just these?
With bolts you should definitely be able to get that much. In fact I'm a little surprised the lowering alone did not get you past -1.5.

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Right, and here's what it was at my last alignment which was 3 weeks before I had camber bolts installed. The guy there didn't know how to adjust the rear camber. I never had it realigned and figured it could be adjusted a bit more as BMR claims 2.5 degrees of additional adjustability.
20190606_205323.jpg

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
^That's not too bad. A little high on the rear camber but I bet it was real fun in the corners. Not far off from Ford's track specs.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I am not completely sure I assumed around -1.3 to -1.4. I honestly didn't want to find out and get multiple alignments. I just went straight to camber plates so I know that I have up to around -3° of front camber. Nice to have options was basically my thought process lol

FightingFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
So the Solution is now to go to the first shop again and let them only adjust Front Camber and Toe :wink:

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not exactly...your toe on each side should be the same...look at your front toe!!!!
Sponsored