Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree with Mike on this one. If your laps on a road course are all within a second or two of each other, you should be making money behind the wheel.

For 99.999% of us amateur drivers out on the road course for fun - 1-2 seconds is meaningless. It's well within the noise of normal variations. 1-2 seconds can be lost in a single corner and most people don't get more than a few corners per lap just right, if that.
x2 on this

As I said before, a second or 2 only really means anything in regards to professional drivers. When it comes to amateur drivers, a second is nothing
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Strange. I thought the opposite. The 2K rattle/diesel sound on my '19 GT was now spanning across more the RPM range. I sold it and now have a '19 Camaro 1SS A10. I like the 1SS interior better than the GTs. SS gives you a full power seat standard which I really like (not just the bottom like the 'Stang). It allows more adjustments and a quick release latch on seat shoulder to fold the seat forward. Apple Car play/Android auto is standard, as is Sirius and the screen is big. The flat bottom steering wheel is also a big plus. And the A10 in the SS is way smoother than any A10 I sampled in the GT. I don't mind the look of the SS at all. The front end looks good to me.

Visibility was better in the GT but honestly the Camaro's visibility is not a hindrance at all to me. If I parallel parked or backed into spaces a lot it would be but I never do. I have no issues otherwise. Liked both the GT and the SS but the SS is more of a sports car and it's an absolute beast with the A10.
I test drove sticks on the 1LE and 50th SS. Not a fan of the way the Mustang manual shifts but the Chevy manual is pretty much perfect. Smooth as silk and effortless. Maybe it's just that that's what I've always driven. Anyways, I'm not alone on the front end. Chevy had so many bad reviews they changed it for the next model. I loved the Wheels and the hood on the 1LE. That black hood on a orange body with those huge ass rims and wheels are incredible. I almost bought it, and I wanted to love it, but couldn't fall in love with like I did with the Roush Mustang I bought (would have bought the ZL1 in the Camaro). But if you like the looks great, its a hell of a car. Drives like a dream. Plenty of power and the exhaust sound on the 1LE's is awesome, especially down low.

Last edited:

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I completely agree with Mike on this one. If your laps on a road course are all within a second or two of each other, you should be making money behind the wheel.

For 99.999% of us amateur drivers out on the road course for fun - 1-2 seconds is meaningless. It's well within the noise of normal variations. 1-2 seconds can be lost in a single corner and most people don't get more than a few corners per lap just right, if that.
I don't agree with that. Just because I'm an amateur, doesn't mean that I don't have experience. I am fairly consistent (outside of traffic) on my local track and every clean lap I had was within ~.7 second difference (looked at my last 4 sessions). Anyways, it's not a pissing contest - all I'm saying if you're chasing time on track 1-2 seconds is a lot of time whether you're pro or not.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
I don't agree with that. Just because I'm an amateur, doesn't mean that I don't have experience. I am fairly consistent (outside of traffic) on my local track and every clean lap I had was within ~.7 second difference (looked at my last 4 sessions). Anyways, it's not a pissing contest - all I'm saying if you're chasing time on track 1-2 seconds is a lot of time whether you're pro or not.
So what would you have won if you were 1 sec faster? Maybe you should have been in a Camaro SS 1LE if it's that big of a deal?

axon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I test drove sticks on the 1LE and 50th SS. Not a fan of the way the Mustang manual shifts but the Chevy manual is pretty much perfect. Smooth as silk and effortless.
There's a reason why Ford uses the same Tremec box in the GT350, it's an awesome transmission. I had a 2015 1LE which had the 6060 instead of the 3160 and it was an absolute joy to use.

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
So what would you have won if you were 1 sec faster? Maybe you should have been in a Camaro SS 1LE if it's that big of a deal?
Personal satisfaction? Setting a new PB? Beating a friend's time? What the hell is the point of going to the track then? Go cruise on the highway if you're not chasing times...

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I test drove sticks on the 1LE and 50th SS. Not a fan of the way the Mustang manual shifts but the Chevy manual is pretty much perfect. Smooth as silk and effortless. Maybe it's just that that's what I've always driven. Anyways, I'm not alone on the front end. Chevy had so many bad reviews they changed it for the next model. I loved the Wheels and the hood on the 1LE. That black hood on a orange body with those huge ass rims and wheels are incredible. I almost bought it, and I wanted to love it, but couldn't fall in love with like I did with the Roush Mustang I bought (would have bought the ZL1 in the Camaro). But if you like the looks great, its a hell of a car. Drives like a dream. Plenty of power and the exhaust sound on the 1LE's is awesome, especially down low.
Most share your sediment with regard to manual in the SS but actually enjoyed my manual in the my ‘19 GT as much or more than the SS manual. I found the 3.55 gear ratio in the Mustang better as well as the Camaro gears felt too tall especially 5th and 6th.

I also think the stock GT exhaust sounds better than any Camaro with the NPP exhaust. I put a Borla axle back in my SS and now it sounds properly awesome.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I get to play with my friends 18 1SS 1LE often. We switch cars any time we meet up just to drive the others car. We both agree for a daily you can’t beat the GT. But his 1LE is a way way better performance car. The transmission is bang on butter smooth and perfect with the no lift shift. Not like the POS in mine that has to have at least a second between shifts with anything over 6300 rpms. When you adjust the modes in the Camaro you actually feel a difference in the car.. it’s not subtle like in my GT. On 91 the Camaro jumps out every time but it’s not that hard to chase it down even with the shitty shifts, on E85 it’s no contest but he only has a axle back. The visibility out the front and sides don’t bother me, but out the back and blind spots it’s horrible. Mirrors definitely have to be adjusted properly.

Honestly I would’ve been in a 1LE if they could’ve come close to what I paid for my PP1. I think the 1LE wheels are some of the best looking OEM wheels made second to the PP2 wheels and not counting any exotics’ wheels. But when I have to travel or actually be in a car for any length of time I’m 100% all for the GT. Just throw away this POS transmission and I’d be 100% happy with my car. (Test drove 4 other GT’s, no problem shifting those as fast as I want. Just something with my car and ford says anything over 6k rpm is not intended for street and racing circumstances only so won’t do anything)

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
At the end of the day Ford sells more GT350's than GM sells SS 1LE's, as these guys said, even though the 1LE was faster he enjoyed driving the Mustang more, isn't that what it's all about? Oh and companies go broke making "most bang for the buck cars".
I'm not concerned with what anyone says they enjoyed driving more. Want a different opinion ask someone else. I'm also not concerned with which car sells more. The bottom line is the best bang for the buck is the SS 1LE. It is practically the same car as the GT350 and with the $15,000.00+ you can save on initial investment there is plenty of room to make the SS 1LE even faster and maintain your warranty.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Coming from that other forum over to the Mustang camp I have to say you all are car guys first because this conversation over there would have been a blood bath by now. The one thing some people don't realize about the Camaro visibility thing is that it gets old after a while. Sure it feels cool at first looking like a ninja but I drove one for just over 6 years & that feeling really gets stale after a while. So while I really like the new 1LE I felt that may have been a deal breaker for me & took a pass. I also had to decide if a manual car was a consideration for me too as the GM A8 auto ( I know 1LE is only manual) has been an utter shitshow. Of course they are using the A10 shared with the Mustang now so perhaps that's over.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I agree with a few things said about both cars...vis was better in the Mustang but I'm used to that enclosed feel in the Camaro and I don't have the seat bottomed out in elevation, mirrors turned out a little more than I would have in other cars, too.

The gearing is taller in the 6spd, so tall that even with a 3.73 I don't like the feel of 6th gear if I'm under 80, in fact I'll run it in 5th ~70mph for nothing more than I don't like the feel, there's nothing there (power) in 6th because it's so tall.

The no-lift shift...if you can learn it, or unlearn the muscle memory which has been hard for me, but when you can hit that NLS: it's INCREDIBLE. And now I can't drive without the Active-Rev Match, either, LOL.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
There's a reason why Ford uses the same Tremec box in the GT350, it's an awesome transmission. I had a 2015 1LE which had the 6060 instead of the 3160 and it was an absolute joy to use.
I will admit it, this 6spd trans sucks. I tried to deny it, but it is the truth. It is an improvement over my old S197, but still noisy, clunky, and just plain rough. I need to change the stock fluid ASAP to see if I can fix some of this. I have seen a few vendors selling a Tremec for the S550 GT. That is something to keep in the back of the mind.
Sponsored