Sponsored

Are you Sirius ?

Are you a Sirius Radio lover or hater, or what?

• Total voters

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
I swap between it and Pandora. However, I am on the trial sub for the Mustang, but will probably cancel it when it expires. I can get it thru my phone anyhow, as I have the SiriusXM sub in my truck and I get the online streaming option with it there.

SiriusXM is good for when you're travelling thru areas with spotty internet connection and hence you're unable to stream Pandora/etc thru your phone.

However, I hate the fact in the Mustang (and other Fords?) it is Sirius radio only (not XM), and hence some stations that I get "natively" in my non-Ford truck, I can't get on the Mustang. Namely Faction and Marky Ramone's punk rock station (I can stream them thru phone app, but again, see spotty cellular connection comment). The rest of what I listen to on Sat Radio is there though: Hip Hop Nation, Lithium, Bluegrass Junction, Pitbull, and a few others. What can I say? I keep my musical tastebuds happy with all that variety. Oh, it also has the all-important Radio Disney (for those of us with kids that drive to Orlando thru areas with no cellular connection)
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
There are some great channels on Sirius for my music taste... Hair Nation, No Shoes Radio, Margaritaville, 80s, 90s, BPM and the short run channels like DMB Radio and Yacht Rock Radio. Yes my tastes vary :rockon:

My tastes vary as well. Hank Jr. Kid Rock, Jerry lee Lewis, some rap stuff my kids used to listen to (they got me hooked on a song by I have no idea who, called Grillz? Absouletly hysterical). What in the hell is Yacht Rock?! I heard a local station talking about yacht rock, and best I can tell, Air Supply is the king.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
What's everyone paying for Sirius? Before the Bullitt, I had it in my '15 GT and got them down to $30 for 6 months (including fees and taxes). Now the best they'll do is $30 PLUS fees and taxes. About $36.

OP
OP
Rover

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the free 3 month test which gives you the All Access Pkg. They are offering this pkg for $50 for 6 mos & claiming that is a 60% discount

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
I like listening to the TV news channels and Howard once in awhile, so I'll probably hang on to it a while longer and keep going through the haggling nonsense every time it expires. I think were around 6 or $7 a month now, but not entirely sure. I definitely don't keep it for music, though. Much better alternatives.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Expensive and crappy quality......Listen to MP3's on a USB stick pretty much most of the time, and/or Spotify...

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sirius is just not worth it to me - there are a few good radio stations in my area, one in particular that plays a good variety, and other than that I get all the music I want loaded on a USB flash drive and listen to that. No need for me to pay an extra service.

Also, Sirius was just annoying when I got my '14 Mustang and the trial expired. They mailed me stuff almost daily and called and called and just would not give up. For that alone, I would never sign up with their service.

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
How are you guys just copying stuff to a usb drive? Can I just drag and drop my iTunes folder over to a usb stick and then stick it in the car?

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Mediocre sound quality, spotty signal. Not worth it. I have CDs and a flash drive.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
How are you guys just copying stuff to a usb drive? Can I just drag and drop my iTunes folder over to a usb stick and then stick it in the car?
Probably. I'm not a fan of iTunes, either (and I'm the chief wrangler of 550 iPhones for work).

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I used to hate sirius, thought it was way to expensive for the inferior sound quality. Then I got tired of the local stations playing the same 5 songs over and over, on top of that there is only one decent rock station left in Cleveland. The other rock station in town has talk radio on during the morning drive, and again during the afternoon. I want to hear music not some Howard Stern wanna be. Now I listen to Ozzy's Boneyard on sirius channel 38 almost exclusively.

OP
OP
Rover

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
What in the hell is Yacht Rock?! I heard a local station talking about yacht rock, and best I can tell, Air Supply is the king.
SiriusXM’s tribute to Yacht Rock celebrates the smooth-sailing soft rock from the late 70s and early 80s. You’ll hear artists like Michael McDonald, Christopher Cross, Hall & Oates and other titans of smooth music. It’s the kind of rock that doesn’t rock the boat!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I listen to Mad Dog Sports Radio, MLB Network and NFL Network most of the time so I keep my subscription.

Although the sneaky little bastards just jumped my rate to $20 per month from $6. So I’ll be calling to bitch tomorrow.

I’ve had it in my truck since 2010 and I’m glad to have it in the car now too.

When I want music I use my Apple Music.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Around town I'll listen to a variety of Philly region FM broadcast stations, or in the WRX some of the HD stations. On longer trips I just pack a few CDs from the collection.

On Sirius itself - all the boys upstairs want to see
How much you'll pay for what you used to get for free
(Tom Petty / The last DJ)

Norm
Sponsored