Sponsored

I WANT A 2020 SHELBY GT 500--NEED YOUR HELP & WISDOM.........

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello everyone; I just joined the club and this forum and this is my First Post ever. Iam an old guy and have owned many muscle cars thru out the decades. From BMW's to my present 2019 REDEYE WIDEBODY HELLCAT with the 797 Demon engine. Its Black with a Red Leather interior. MSRP is $84,320 and it has 358 miles on the car. HERE'S WHERE I NEED YOU HELP AND WISDOM. I ran into by dumb luck the "2020 SHELBY GT 500" on YouTube. I IMMEDIATELY "FELL IN LOVE". The dark red with the dual black stripes and the big carbon fiber Rear Wing is more than just a beautiful muscle car. Its a CLASSIC. Anyway, I have CALLED ATLEAST 30 FORD DEALERS . Mostly in my area of the country which is Omaha, Nebraska. IAM HAVING "ZERO LUCK" in ordering one. They have all been Presold Long Ago. I can get on a list but usually its way down the list so I feel like its hopeless at this point. I would probably be willing to pay a little "MORE THAN MSRP" but not a whole lot more. Do you guys and ladies have any "ideas" for me as to how to get a car???? Some dealers have suggested to "Just Wait" and get a 2021 but who's to say I wouldn't have the "same exact problem"???? So yes, Iam frustrated and hope someone out there can help me. Would appreciate it if you would not go into Attack Mode and tell me I should have known all this. Before I saw the YouTube video a few weeks ago I really was NOT a Shelby Mustang guy but now I want to be one!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for any help you can provide. PS I also was told by a Ford Dealer that out of the 5,000 cars Ford is going to build they are only going to build 1,250 of the "R--Cars" which is the one I want with the "BIG REAR CARBON FIBER WING". Again, I say Thank you to all who can help me out.
You are spinning your wheels mostly looking now. No pun intended. Best shot is to get your name on lists with dealers in your area to get in stock. Or wait for 500 listings and email each dealer and see if its legit MSRP listing. One thing working in our favor is some will back out of allocation and it will be on lot. So, no, not all allocations are taken. Even the second guy in line won't want the build most likely. I just want MSRP and one of several colors; that dark red though! Plan to get next year or middle of winter; plus less negative equity. I'm kinda of surprised there are allocations with no perf. numbers or MSRP. Has to be some angle.
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am mostly unsure as to why you told us the msrp of your current car. Very strange thing to do.
I would assume he paid ADM on red eye as I have seen the listings. He may have been pointing it out to back up his call for MSRP on the 500. Makes logical sense to me. May not be necessary, but I'm cool with it. Live and let live.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
In reading some of the replies all I can say is Iam sorry if anything offends you. Seems anymore that many people expect others to be perfect when in fact they are not. Thank You.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
You are spinning your wheels mostly looking now. No pun intended. Best shot is to get your name on lists with dealers in your area to get in stock. Or wait for 500 listings and email each dealer and see if its legit MSRP listing. One thing working in our favor is some will back out of allocation and it will be on lot. So, no, not all allocations are taken. Even the second guy in line won't want the build most likely. I just want MSRP and one of several colors; that dark red though! Plan to get next year or middle of winter; plus less negative equity. I'm kinda of surprised there are allocations with no perf. numbers or MSRP. Has to be some angle.
Thank You "Oh Crush". You nailed it right on the nail head. Iam now on several lists for a 2021. Looks like thats the best way to play this now at this point. I do find it somewhat amazing that people are willing to pay really large sums of money OVER MSRP. I spoke to the GSM at a Ford Dealer a few days ago in Tampa, Florida ( I live in Omaha) and he said he sold his allocation for $40,000 OVER MSRP. I just won't chase it like that. Thank You again for you nice replies.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
In reading some of the replies all I can say is Iam sorry if anything offends you. Seems anymore that many people expect others to be perfect when in fact they are not. Thank You.
Hahaha, not offended, just giving you "the business" :D Welcome, and good luck on your search (and how about a photo of the HCR :) )

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Tim from above; You couldn't be any farther from the truth. Iam just an old muscle car guy (age 68) that stumbled onto this car by dumb luck or maybe bad luck. LOL. I saw it on a YouTube Video and really fell in love with it. Its really a beautiful car in oh so many ways. Iam not a flipper. Too old for that kind of crap. I thought if somebody wanted to buy my 2019 Redeye Hellcat (797HP and a Demon Engine) then I would go down to the local Ford Dealer and order the car. I did NOT KNOW that they would be literally impossible to get. After calling now over 30+ Ford Dealers Iam sorry to say "I HAVE GIVEN UP THE IDEA". Anyway, Iam on several lists for a 2021. I even had a local dealer here that he has "already sold" his allocation even for 2021. So that tells me maybe I should just be happy with my Redeye Hellcat and not worry about it. I DON'T LIKE CHASING RAINBOWS. LOL

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Lol, Supply & Demand. I can always get another car at some point. hard to pass up $20k profit in a day
How much are you going to “break it in” for him in one day?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
How much are you going to “break it in” for him in one day?
Pick up car in the A.M., drive the 140 miles back home, stopping at friends dyno shop along the way, dyno, mount the drag radials at the shop, another 45 miles to dragstrip, click of some mid10's, drive home and call the tuner for some E85 and pulley toons :)

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Good luck on your search, keep calling dealers

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
After calling well over 40+ Ford dealers "I Landed One". Now just wish the order banks would open up so a guy could see "All the Options Available". Not to be bitchy or anything but when I look at the interior of this car it actually looks kinda cheap for an $80 to $90K car. I've owned many many high end cars and I will say the interior on the GT500 looks cheap to me.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
After calling well over 40+ Ford dealers "I Landed One". Now just wish the order banks would open up so a guy could see "All the Options Available". Not to be bitchy or anything but when I look at the interior of this car it actually looks kinda cheap for an $80 to $90K car. I've owned many many high end cars and I will say the interior on the GT500 looks cheap to me.
Congrats! Where about in the US did you find it?
Sponsored