Sponsored

Are you Sirius ?

Are you a Sirius Radio lover or hater, or what?

• Total voters

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the free trial mode with Sirius Radio Entertainment... I'm on fence about subscribing. The discounted initial offer looks reasonable but when that runs out the payments double or something :shock: The old music is good .... but IDK ?

What is your audio pleasure?
Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Spotify. I just cancelled Sirius in my wife's truck as well.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Just keep bitching about the cost at renewal time. They will come down on te price. That being said, there are so many other options, Pandora, Amazon Music, etc. I usually have it on either Hair Nation or listen to the music from my phone. Or, I just turn it off, drop the windows and hit the gas!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sirius you can get cheap, but I don't like the fact that you have to call every single time and bargain with them when your promotion expires. I cancelled it and I just listen to the local stations or music on my phone as I'm not crazy about the radio. Would rather listen to the exhaust and focus on driving.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Sirius has the worst sound quality of any source. Hell even AM radio sounds better at times. They have compressed the channels so much to try and pack as many stations as possible into their allotted bandwidth that the sound quality suffers. If you think Sirius sounds good then that's great and you'll be happy with it. Personally my ears can't stand it despite the fact they have some good content. You're better off with a streaming service. It will cost less and sound better with higher bit-rates. Just download your favorite playlists and stations onto your phone when you are on wi-fi.
At the present moment I am using a 16GB flash drive filled with high quality MP3's. I'm considering Spoitfy premium in the future.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I like Sirius - especially Bluesville - this channel is put together by the guys that know the music, not random guy or algorithm creating playlists...

But you have to play the game of "I am cancelling the subscription" every time it comes up for renewal and it gets old...

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Apple Music plays anything I could ever ask of it.

Not sure why I would want to pay for multiple music services.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Yes. And don’t call me Shirley.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I’ve had Sirius/XM every year since my 2012 Camaro. Recently had it in 3 of my vehicles. I now have Spotify premium which is actually cheaper and I can play any artist or song I want with zero commercials or DJ’s to listen to. It’s on my phone and I take it every where I go. When I turn it back on in the car it starts where I left off.

Needless to say I canceled Sirius/XM and won’t ever get it again. I got tired of negotiating every time right before it would renew to the regular rate. Most of the time I would speak to someone with bad broken English so after 7 years I’ve finally canceled it. They keep sending me offers and phone calls to come back but I never will.

Last edited:

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I use the Sirius streaming app. 5.99/mo and I can take it anywhere and play it through Alexa.
I have it mainly for Howard Stern

Deleted member 35786

Spotify..
Sirius sound quality is horrible and you hear the same stuff over and over.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’ve been a Sirius subscriber since 2006; Howard Stern fan (been so since 86).

I listen to other Sirius channels as well and I like having it because there’s no drop out of channels or loss of signal when traveling distance (or from 1 county to the next).

Also I have numerous MP3’s (iPod Classic hooked up) and stream Spotify playlists.

I had an extensive CD collection years ago - thousands.... burned them all to a 500gb HD and sold the entire collection off for a few hundred bucks...

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Dealer set it up and gave them my contact info. :lipssealed: Tried it a few times, couldn't find a thing to listen to that made any sense to me. Letting it drop, have no intention of playing the Cable game of "I'm going to unsubscribe unless you make it cheaper" every renewal period.
Sponsored