Sponsored

Throttle House: PP2 vs 1LE

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
[QUOTE="

True. Hell, the variation in a single lap for an advanced HPDE driver can span more than 2 seconds! And who knows what kind of experience the driver in the video has... I'm sure he's good, but I doubt he's anywhere near a professional[/QUOTE]

well there is this

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 10.41.24 PM.png
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Test drove the 1LE and the 50th SS. Loved the way the drove and the exhaust sounds great. Always owned Camaro's and Trans Am's but the interior, all the body molding (front end is horrible), visibility, and interior was a no go. They killed the look of my favorite muscle car. Went with a Ford for the first time. Killed me intiially.
Strange. I thought the opposite. The 2K rattle/diesel sound on my '19 GT was now spanning across more the RPM range. I sold it and now have a '19 Camaro 1SS A10. I like the 1SS interior better than the GTs. SS gives you a full power seat standard which I really like (not just the bottom like the 'Stang). It allows more adjustments and a quick release latch on seat shoulder to fold the seat forward. Apple Car play/Android auto is standard, as is Sirius and the screen is big. The flat bottom steering wheel is also a big plus. And the A10 in the SS is way smoother than any A10 I sampled in the GT. I don't mind the look of the SS at all. The front end looks good to me.

Visibility was better in the GT but honestly the Camaro's visibility is not a hindrance at all to me. If I parallel parked or backed into spaces a lot it would be but I never do. I have no issues otherwise. Liked both the GT and the SS but the SS is more of a sports car and it's an absolute beast with the A10.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
It would have been nice if Ford offered performance cold air intakes with tune backed up by warranty. Performance Pack 1,2,3 is similar but i believe only for 15-17’s only. A Bullet performance package upgrade to 480 hp with warranty shouldn’t be a problem though. Dealer installed GT350 intake manifold, throttle body, and cai with Ford Tune.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have raced this exact Camaro in the Quarter Mile with my PP1 10R80 and gapped it by a car length. The Camaro has a CAI & Tune + aftermarket brake rotors on it. Had it been totally stock I would imagine it would have been a tie
I raced a manual stock Camaro SS in my stock manual 2018 and he pulled about a car on me. Maybe if I had 3.73s, it would've been closer, but the manual Camaro just has the better trans. 10 speed vs 10 speed, the Mustang will get the edge, but Camaro has it when it's manual v manual

well there is this

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 10.41.24 PM.png
it doesn't take a lot to be an HPDE instructor, just a certain amount of track hours and some certification. It takes some serious skill to be a competitive racing driver (which he MAY have, but it's not proven by his credentials, so we really don't know). He definitely knows what he's doing, but I wouldn't consider him a professional

Sponsored

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Who cares if you're hitting limp mode after just 2 laps?
The video addresses that fallacy; they did a warm up lap and three hard laps and rear diff temperature remained well within normal range.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The video addresses that fallacy; they did a warm up lap and three hard laps and rear diff temperature remained well within normal range.
By Fallacy you mean, whole thread on people discussing the fact they have had the issue?

This was a short track. People with issues are going out for like 15+min.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
My guess is the superior torque of the Camaro, particularly in the lower RPM range accounts for the difference.
At track speeds I would imagine they stayed in the sweet spot RPM range...so that should have been a non issue.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I hope they do not forget to mention the cost of both cars. The SS 1LE is the best bang for the buck when it comes to an American made track car.
At the end of the day Ford sells more GT350's than GM sells SS 1LE's, as these guys said, even though the 1LE was faster he enjoyed driving the Mustang more, isn't that what it's all about? Oh and companies go broke making "most bang for the buck cars".

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
At the end of the day Ford sells more GT350's than GM sells SS 1LE's, as these guys said, even though the 1LE was faster he enjoyed driving the Mustang more, isn't that what it's all about? Oh and companies go broke making "most bang for the buck cars".
I tend to agree but the 350 and 1LE are in vastly different price ranges at least where I live. So I don't think we should be comparing those 2. I think where the PP2 has an advantage is it seems like a great road car where the bulk of its time would be spent & is likely more liveable on a daily basis than the cavern on wheels would be.

On my 2013 SS a sunroof was a must to prevent the car from looking so dark inside as they had noted darkness in the video.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
By Fallacy you mean, whole thread on people discussing the fact they have had the issue?

This was a short track. People with issues are going out for like 15+min.
Link to this thread?

The only thread I know of was one where a troll posted saying that the diff overheats in 2 laps, and then a bunch of people disproving that by posting their PP2s that haven't had any overheating issues on track

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
And let's be real, a 1-2 second difference is meaningless for even an advanced HPDE driver.
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think 1-2 seconds if "meaningless" on a track/road course.

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yeah, they ran 3 whole hot laps of a just over 1 minute course! Without overheating! In 70*f temps!

:D

I think the PP2 overheating issue is a bit overblown, but they probably would have run into some issues if they hot lapped it for 15-20 minutes.
What people don't seem to understand is that not every track is the same. These guys are testing these cars on local tracks that are slow (+/- 180 km/h on a straight) and technical. I can attest to that because I take mine to the same local tracks (not the one in the video) and do not have any issues running 10-15 min sessions 5-6 times a day.

People who are having overheating issues take their cars to much faster tracks where the average speed is a lot higher and attempt run them for 15+ min sessions (which is typical).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think 1-2 seconds if "meaningless" on a track/road course.
I completely agree with Mike on this one. If your laps on a road course are all within a second or two of each other, you should be making money behind the wheel.

For 99.999% of us amateur drivers out on the road course for fun - 1-2 seconds is meaningless. It's well within the noise of normal variations. 1-2 seconds can be lost in a single corner and most people don't get more than a few corners per lap just right, if that.
Sponsored