Weight, who put their’s on scales?

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
I thought this would be an easy search, but I didn’t turn anything up. What do these cars weigh on certified scales? Have folks posted these numbers in the past?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkspring

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
I thought this would be an easy search, but I didn’t turn anything up. What do these cars weigh on certified scales? Have folks posted these numbers in the past?

Thanks in advance!
‘18 Electronics pkg
3,840 lbs
3/4 tank gas
Car seat
No driver

Just over 3800 without the carseat.
21BE15DB-8817-4E77-A9F5-A6EB57D55AB5.jpeg

Last edited:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The track packs are lighter
Full tank. My seat was on:
20161029_104309.jpg

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
I'm at 3595lbs without me in it, 3/4 tank of gas. That includes the added weight of a CMS rollbar, harness, Vbox and cool-shirt system. I'm currently dropping another 26lbs off the front with the AP endurance brake kit. My goal is 3600lbs with me in it, 1/4 tank of fuel.

OP
OP
Hawkspring

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
I'm at 3595lbs without me in it, 3/4 tank of gas. That includes the added weight of a CMS rollbar, harness, Vbox and cool-shirt system. I'm currently dropping another 26lbs off the front with the AP endurance brake kit. My goal is 3600lbs with me in it, 1/4 tank of fuel.
That’s great you found a way to get so much weight out! I’m shocked at how heavy these are. My 2002 was down to 3,250 and it had an added intercooled vortech setup.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Do you have any pictures of your car? Inside and outside?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Always figure about 3800lbs for Track Pack cars from '16. 3700 for R's with Electronics Pack. 3650 for base R's.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Yes sir, R with electronics.
Very cool, and impressive. Can you tell us what you did? And did you weigh the car before you started? And do you have any pictures of the outside, I don’t know if you’ve ever posted pics in the owners forum—I can tell Leadfoot gray with over the top stripes, but curious if you’re still running the carbon fiber rims, etc.

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
Very cool, and impressive. Can you tell us what you did? And did you weigh the car before you started? And do you have any pictures of the outside, I don’t know if you’ve ever posted pics in the owners forum—I can tell Leadfoot gray with over the top stripes, but curious if you’re still running the carbon fiber rims, etc.
I don't have any good pictures of the outside that show anything special. I'm currently using the CF wheels, but going to 18's once I get the AP brakes installed. After 4K track miles, the CF rims are pretty beat up. I'm not excited about moving away from the CF rims, because they are part of the "feel" of the R. It would've been great if the R came with smaller brakes and 18" CF rims, since it's the track focused variant of the 350. Oh well.

For weight reduction, this list isn't exhaustive because there are lots of small things (I love to tinker with the car and optimize). Also, it has a huge amount of NVH and would be very aggravating for street use. This is not a list of recommendations for a street car.

Main weight reduction:
12-24 Antigravity battery with Morris mount
OMP fixed back drivers seat with fixed mount (no sliders). I kept the stock passenger seat, for now.
QA1 carbon driveshaft
Every suspension component and rubber mount/ bushing is changed (except the magneride shocks). Almost all of this weight reduction is unsprung, too.
No carpet from the front seats back

Smaller weight reducing items:
Deleted washer bottle and pump
Removed various interior trim
Trimming/ reducing/ eliminating various non critical brackets, mounts, shields, etc. Lots of this.
Removed speakers

In process:
AP brakes
AC elimination (should've bought a base R)

From there, it will require carbon body panels to drop any significant weight. My estimate is that it takes $20K to get an electronics R down to 3500lbs, and completely kills any reasonable street-ability.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I don't have any good pictures of the outside that show anything special. I'm currently using the CF wheels, but going to 18's once I get the AP brakes installed. After 4K track miles, the CF rims are pretty beat up. I'm not excited about moving away from the CF rims, because they are part of the "feel" of the R. It would've been great if the R came with smaller brakes and 18" CF rims, since it's the track focused variant of the 350. Oh well.

For weight reduction, this list isn't exhaustive because there are lots of small things (I love to tinker with the car and optimize). Also, it has a huge amount of NVH and would be very aggravating for street use. This is not a list of recommendations for a street car.

Main weight reduction:
12-24 Antigravity battery with Morris mount
OMP fixed back drivers seat with fixed mount (no sliders). I kept the stock passenger seat, for now.
QA1 carbon driveshaft
Every suspension component and rubber mount/ bushing is changed (except the magneride shocks). Almost all of this weight reduction is unsprung, too.
No carpet from the front seats back

Smaller weight reducing items:
Deleted washer bottle and pump
Removed various interior trim
Trimming/ reducing/ eliminating various non critical brackets, mounts, shields, etc. Lots of this.
Removed speakers

In process:
AP brakes
AC elimination (should've bought a base R)

From there, it will require carbon body panels to drop any significant weight. My estimate is that it takes $20K to get an electronics R down to 3500lbs, and completely kills any reasonable street-ability.

Thanks for the rundown and honesty in showing people that a serious weight reduction of this kind is better left for a race only car unless you don't mind rattles, vibrations, and other noises. But if you are focusing on getting as low as you can get this is a perfect example of what that might look like. Thanks!

Shelby Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
None
My 2017 GT350R with electronics package weighed in at 3,640 pounds.
1/4 tank of gas, empty trunk, P51 wheels with Michelin PSS tires. With the carbon fiber wheels it should be approximately 25 pounds lighter.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Is the exhaust system still stock? My understanding is 20-30lb can be lost with an aftermarket exhaust (Borla, etc.)
Sponsored