Reverse lockout broke?

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
The little chrome plastic part broke off in my hand as I put it into reverse to pull out of my garage. WTF did not grab it that hard but now its a bitch to go into reverse. Anyone else have this happen? Now where do I get a replacement?
Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Get a replacement reverse lockout collar from whichever parts house you use. Both Barton and Steeda have them. Barton's is billet aluminum in either gloss black or natural metal color and Steeda's is matte black delrin. 1/2 hour max to replace it and good to go. Mine didn't break but I wasn't taking a chance on that so I bought a Barton unit.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
The little chrome plastic part broke off in my hand as I put it into reverse to pull out of my garage. WTF did not grab it that hard but now its a bitch to go into reverse. Anyone else have this happen? Now where do I get a replacement?
Don't mean to revive an old thread, but literally the same thing happened to me this morning. Car only has 283 miles on it. Going to the dealer tomorrow.
Sponsored