HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'd love to remove it, but I have a 2019 PP1 and there really isn't my room to get my hand down the firewall. Maybe if I tried from below? There is a brace that isn't on the standard GT that is in the way.
Unless the firewall attachment is different post '17, you can just yank it off. I did it the hard way but lots of 2015-17 owners just pulled it loose. There is a threaded stud on the firewall; the sound-tube has a weak plastic tab that fits over the stud and a 10mm head nut secures it. Of course if you yank it off, you still have to lug that power sapping nut weight around with you [/rationalizing the hard way]. You still need to plug the hole though. As for access from below, many say that was the easy way for 2015-17.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
The "tube" is well engineered and probably adds more good noises than we expect. One place where that may help is when I have the exhaust in quiet mode it is difficult to hear the rev-matching on downshifts, without the tube I may not hear it at all. Of course when the exhaust is in anything but Quiet it is easy (and fun) to hear downshifts. ;)

Still, I have the 1" sprinkler system valve and will install it in the tube to see if I want to keep it or not. My first thought is that it will be removed soon.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I left the sound tube in, but removed the carbon backfire trap in the factory housing so now, a little more sound enters the cabin. The car is still under warranty, so I am leaving the sound tube on.

I am considering attaching a switch using the irrigation valve one of the members have shown earlier.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled mine out a few weeks ago. No noticeable difference in the sound. Engine bay looks much cleaner and I'm able to get to the dip stick easier.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I'd love to remove it, but I have a 2019 PP1 and there really isn't my room to get my hand down the firewall. Maybe if I tried from below? There is a brace that isn't on the standard GT that is in the way.
Nah you can get it from the top side. I’ve got a 19 PP1 too.

I had my airbox out to move the radiator back further to get my hand down the front to change my pony emblem. So with the airbox out I took off the strut tower brace and then pulled up and over on the sound tube and it came off of the nut that holds it on the firewall.

I bought a brake booster cap from Advanced to plug the firewall (which reminds me I need to check that it’s still in there) and voila.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not removing the sound tube because of.... warranty? That's a first, lol. Like the last thing in the world on this car for someone at Ford to be like, "Nope, we're denying your blown engine claim because you removed the sound tube from your air intake".

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not removing the sound tube because of.... warranty? That's a first, lol.
It's a valid concern. Months after I removed mine, I noticed it had a casting flaw in one of the pieces. I took it to my dealer and they refused to warranty it because it had been removed. :wink:

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Got a delete kit on ebay for like $10 shipped.

Did it just for looks I hate clutter.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
It's a valid concern. Months after I removed mine, I noticed it had a casting flaw in one of the pieces. I took it to my dealer and they refused to warranty it because it had been removed. :wink:
I don't fully understand this one as long as the tube was not butchered you would think the dealer would stand up and replace the low cost part.

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
im good with hidden clutter...single horn is terrible...lol
Sponsored