Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The greatest ford of all time was the ford #999. Without it we wouldn't have what we have today. It paved the was for fords winning history.

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
I thought about that:)...I hear Ford wanted to buy Ferrari at that time.Then Ferrari was like HELL NO...So Ford came up with the GT40 and surprisingly beat the Ferrari

Racing rivalries are entertaining.
I thought about that:)...I hear Ford wanted to buy Ferrari at that time.Then Ferrari was like HELL NO...So Ford came up with the GT40 and surprisingly beat the Ferrari

Racing rivalries are entertaining.
Born in 1947 put me, as a teenager in a time when Ford was racing Thunderbolts, making Ford Galaxy Gold Winged 427s for the street and of course, the GT40 to spank Ferrari at Le Mans. I Just read yesterday that Matt Damon will play Carroll Shelby and the GT 40 driver will be played by Christian Bale, aka Batman. Henry Ford II says to Carroll, "go to war"! Some of the old guys might remember Ford also redefined the Indy 500 the same time. My future is a new Bullitt, despite the rise in price.

Here is the video;

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the GT40 was great, but IMO the new Ford GT is also a contender for the greatest Ford ever. If you are talking racing ability the GT will completely thrash the GT40. No contest at all. The Ford GT has been very successful in modern racing and Ford definitely has had no trouble in selling them.

The original GT40 if I understand correctly was produced in super low numbers. I think it's a mark in Ford's favor that they made a street version of the current Ford GT and they are selling a lot more of the new Ford GT than they ever sold of the GT40.

I think an argument can be made that some of the cars Ford is currently building are the greatest Fords of all time.
Sponsored