Sponsored

2020 GT350 - Do we think it will have the Digital Instrument Cluster?

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
You absolutely can change redline in the software along with most everything else. Half of Ford's products share parts with new programming.

But, have it your way. Just trying to help.
one of the major issues that Hellhorse has found is the redline, and also the button functionality in the digital cluster.
Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
one of the major issues that Hellhorse has found is the redline, and also the button functionality in the digital cluster.
I'm sure it's just a matter of time. The Bullitt Cluster has a 180mph speedo, so I'm sure the settings are in there somewhere.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
You absolutely can change redline in the software along with most everything else. Half of Ford's products share parts with new programming.

People have swapped the GT350 cluster into a standard GT, so I don't see why it would be that difficult.

But, have it your way. Just trying to help.
I don’t think it would physically be a thing at all but as stated the higher redline is likely the biggest concern. While I don’t doubt the ability to alter programming in Forscan, what I don’t think is programmable are the graphics that would be needed for the tach to be displayed with the added range to accommodate the higher redline I asked Hellhorse about it and they said they do not have a solution yet, but I remain hopeful.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Considering the GT350 will have a different engine block (not indicated there), and considering the other typical omissions Ford is known to make, I am still holding out hope.

The order guide will tell us for sure, and supposedly it will be released any day now.
Who said the GT350 is getting a different engine block?

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Who said the GT350 is getting a different engine block?
The chief engineer said once the GT500 goes into production the Gt350 will receive its block. People are acting like this will be a huge change and it wont they are doing it for streamlining purposes so they don't have to have 2 different blocks and it will make no more power and will be no more reliable than the changes implemented already for 2019.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I’d prefer the analog dash. The digital dash is cute but I’m sure won’t hold up over time. In 20 years the analog dash will be way cool and the digital will be like something out of knight rider.

Analog always bests digital.

OP
OP

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
I’d prefer the analog dash. The digital dash is cute but I’m sure won’t hold up over time. In 20 years the analog dash will be way cool and the digital will be like something out of knight rider.

Analog always bests digital.
Besides the analog speedometer and tachometer, you realize all the rest of the information in the center portion is digital and therefore falls under your “20 years” postulate, yes?

While I agree with you in principle- that we live in a throw-away society and these things will not hold up over time- I also am not going to swim upstream and think I can avoid digits dashboards in cars or the associated certainty of future burdens when it comes to maintaining them.

For me the digital dash is a wonderful aesthetic element and also a very functional device.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Besides the analog speedometer and tachometer, you realize all the rest of the information in the center portion is digital and therefore falls under your “20 years” postulate, yes?

While I agree with you in principle- that we live in a throw-away society and these things will not hold up over time- I also am not going to swim upstream and think I can avoid digits dashboards in cars or the associated certainty of future burdens when it comes to maintaining them.

For me the digital dash is a wonderful aesthetic element and also a very functional device.
Sure -but that stuff isn't at all as important as the dash. That dash is going to be a dog in a few years - like an old flatscreen TV.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Even if we dont I got a gt one to work. Only thing I got left to do is the exhaust mode! Even line lock works... See vids

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
GT350 should be the last SVT Mustang car with manual transmission and manual needles :crackup::crackup:

OP
OP

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
Well I’m bummed that Ford didn’t spend the extra few shekels on creating some software for the Voodoo engine to be implemented into the digital instrument cluster.

Oh well.

Good luck to the guys who work on aftermarket solutions. There will likely be a market for that.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R