Sponsored

Best looks yet at 2020 GT500 engine and underhood

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's a great idea for a forced induction engine. The S197 GT500's would get quite a bit of oil coating the heat exchanger under the blower case. While this intake arrangement is a bit different I would expect the same results without any type of oil separator.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to Steve when I saw he was there. He obviously digs deeper than anybody else and I love him for it.

At the end of the article he mentions the hood pins as coming from Watson. I believe they are coming from Quick-Latch and not Watson.

ON EDIT: I talked to Steve this morning. Ford engineers told him that the pin is coming from Watson.

010-2020_Shelby_GT500_Engine-.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Because you know better than the Ford Engineers :like:
It never ceases to amaze me how much Ford leaves undone or wanting. Think there is no room for improvement? Check out the Mustang After Market. Sure, there are some silly things (tooth grill? really?), but there are also a LARGE variety of incredible FUNCTIONAL upgrades!

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In vtpepe's picture above you that is the bypass valve actuator for the supercharger and not an oil separator.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
In vtpepe's picture above you that is the bypass valve actuator
That is what it looks like to me.

What I am wondering is where some people are seeing the oil separator. I don’t see it.

EDIT:

Whoops! NVM. Wow. That looks like an interesting piece.

So prominent, didn’t really think that’s what it was. Looks like it may be filetering and returning as well, but not messing with the intake side?

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
That is what it looks like to me.

What I am wondering is where some people are seeing the oil separator. I don’t see it.

EDIT:

Whoops! NVM. Wow. That looks like an interesting piece.

So prominent, didn’t really think that’s what it was. Looks like it may be filetering and returning as well, but not messing with the intake side?
I still don’t see that oil separator going into production. I know how much ford likes saving money with this CEO “Mr lay off”

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I still don’t see that oil separator going into production. I know how much ford likes saving money with this CEO “Mr lay off”
Not really digging Hackett. At all. Zero vision and zero solutions. Firing people as means to save money is basically just admitting you are unable to manage things. Or that you have no real vision with which to keep your employees busy in pursuing.

After Alan, the CEOs just suck. Fields had a good idea with aluminum, but that’s all he had.

Hackett is ridiculous. Just fire people and stop making cars. That’s literally his plan. Oh. And also confuse the market by putting historic Mustang trims on other vehicles. That. Aren’t. Even. Cars.

Just fire the guy now and save the company years of healing.

—-

The thing good CEOs seem to posses in common is the ability to understand their market and how their products fit. Then review the lineup and make sure everything has a legit reason to exist. Then make those products focused on excelling at that reason.

Jobs, dell, mulally, bezos, etc. have had that kind of ability.

Hackett just missed the whole point with “hey. SUVs are popular right now, so we are radically changing Ford into an SUV-only company. Plus a car or two. Oh. And to save money, you’re fired and won’t be building them.”

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Not really digging Hackett. At all. Zero vision and zero solutions. Firing people as means to save money is basically just admitting you are unable to manage things. Or that you have no real vision with which to keep your employees busy in pursuing.

After Alan, the CEOs just suck. Fields had a good idea with aluminum, but that’s all he had.

Hackett is ridiculous. Just fire people and stop making cars. That’s literally his plan. Oh. And also confuse the market by putting historic Mustang trims on other vehicles. That. Aren’t. Even. Cars.

—-

The thing good CEOs seem to posses in common is the ability to understand their market and how their products fit. Then review the lineup and make sure everything has a legit reason to exist. Then make those products focused on excelling at that reason.

Hackett just missed the whole point with “hey. SUVs are popular right now, so we are radically changing Ford into an SUV-only company. Plus a car or two. Oh. And to save money, you’re fired and won’t be building them.”
Ford had at least one more generation of the Focus and Fusion left in the US. I don't think overcrowding their SUV and truck lineup is going to net much gain in the long run. While I'm not privy to all the information Hackett has when making these decisions some of them seem short-sighted.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

—-

I’ve meet Hackett all he talked about was himself and Michigan state not a damn thing about car or what the vision for the company is

He won’t be around much longer
Sponsored