Sponsored

Dealer service in north Dallas area?

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I bought my car at 5 star Plano, but after 2 terrible experiences with their service center I don't trust them to even change my oil now

Are there any dealer service centers in the area that take pride in their work? Or independent shops even?
Sponsored

Tweeter2148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm in the same boat. Bought my car at 5 Star Plano but not sure about the service department.

OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm in the same boat. Bought my car at 5 Star Plano but not sure about the service department.
The first time I brought it in, they scratched up the inside of the car and did such a terrible 'fix' on my seat that it looks worse now than before it came in. They also rubbed grease all over the inside with a stinking rag which cost me $75 to get cleaned out by a real detailer

The second time I took it in for them to replace the parts they scratched up, it came back with scratches in the exact same place. I believe they just used a heat gun on the visible scratches and didnt actually swap out any damaged parts, which is why I found scratches they had missed covering up.

I put in complaints with ford NA but who knows what will happen but they're the last place I'd take my car - if they take zero pride in obviously, simple cosmetic things then imagine how they treat engine issues that you cant see

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton. Talk to Garrett Tidman. I bought my GT350 in Mesquite but I will drive across town to him if need be. I do my own oil so I can't speak to that particular service. This is the only service dept. I haven't heard anything negative about. Truly sad that about 90% of dealers can't handle Ford's better cars.

OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I called Ford NA to check what was happening with my complaint and learned that Five star has told Ford that there was nothing wrong and the customer was just complaining

Not sure how I get these fixed now but what I do know is to avoid that disgraceful service center

Attached is the giant scratch they put on the interior door handle and state of the glove box after they "replaced" it. Just 2 of the dings they put into my brand new 19

Scumbags
20190606_190612.jpg
20190524_184145.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
When I took my car into Linear Automotive in Plano to get some insurance work done, I asked them to check an annoying rattle in the dash because obviously at this point I don't trust any dealers to go within 500 yards of my car

They discovered that while 'fixing' my glove box Five Star had smashed the part back into place, breaking the plastic clips on the dash, my gauges and even the aluminum dash was damaged from the force they'd used. Rather than fix it properly they'd shown their contempt by literally hammering it into place and thought no one would notice. It requires $3.6k worth of parts to fix the damage they caused because they didn't want to spend 5 minutes properly installing something THEY had broken in the first place.

Their first reaction when I called them was denial and blaming the indy shop.

I really, really hope no one here is planning on taking their car into that absolute shithole, I only wish that Ford NA would take customer complaints seriously since they don't seem at all concerned.

DILLIGAFTXVET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Bought my car at Rockwall Ford on 1 July. I am wondering where to go for my 1st service as well. I havent heard anthing bad about their service department but I dont want to find out the hard way if they suck.

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my car at Rockwall Ford on 1 July. I am wondering where to go for my 1st service as well. I havent heard anthing bad about their service department but I dont want to find out the hard way if they suck.
I only take my explorer to them when I have to get in quick (It's closest). Never my mustang. They don't have a good reputation, but I can't necessarily tell if that's just the sales or the service as well.

On bad experiences:
I took my mustang to Town East when my tires were bald after 6k miles asking for an alignment check. (I had never done a burnout) They said they did it and everything was fine. I asked the shop manager for the printout and they said they couldn't find it, and that they couldn't find the report history on the computer, but it totally was fine. Then the manage asked me "DO you want me to put it back up on the rack?" - I said yes, assuming he meant redo the alignment check. He put it on a lift, brought me back just to show the tires as if to say "Look, it's normal. You've been spinning these" which I hadn't.

I later took it to Five Star for something else, thinking they would be better. I had a good experience with them, HOWEVER, when I picked up my car the manager from Town East was there.

I got all new tires at 10k. I'm currently at 20k and again my rear right is much lower than my rear left.

In summary... I'm looking for a good place to go from now on as well. :)

DILLIGAFTXVET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I only take my explorer to them when I have to get in quick (It's closest). Never my mustang. They don't have a good reputation, but I can't necessarily tell if that's just the sales or the service as well.

On bad experiences:
I took my mustang to Town East when my tires were bald after 6k miles asking for an alignment check. (I had never done a burnout) They said they did it and everything was fine. I asked the shop manager for the printout and they said they couldn't find it, and that they couldn't find the report history on the computer, but it totally was fine. Then the manage asked me "DO you want me to put it back up on the rack?" - I said yes, assuming he meant redo the alignment check. He put it on a lift, brought me back just to show the tires as if to say "Look, it's normal. You've been spinning these" which I hadn't.

I later took it to Five Star for something else, thinking they would be better. I had a good experience with them, HOWEVER, when I picked up my car the manager from Town East was there.

I got all new tires at 10k. I'm currently at 20k and again my rear right is much lower than my rear left.

In summary... I'm looking for a good place to go from now on as well. :)
I may have to check into the dealership in Greenville then. I live between Rockwall and Greenville. Thanks for the heads up.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Come see me @ 5 stard ford in Carrollton, name is brandon. I do most of the mustangs and iam over the roush products here.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Come see me @ 5 stard ford in Carrollton, name is brandon. I do most of the mustangs and iam over the roush products here.

I wouldn't go to a 5 Star if it was the last dealership left in America.

you're part of a franchise that caused thousands of dollars in damage to my brand new car and is refusing to replace what their worthless mechanic admitted to the indy mechanic that they broke by not following Ford procedure. Now we have to spend money on a lawyer on top of my car being off the road for weeks waiting for parts they owe me.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I wouldn't go to a 5 Star if it was the last dealership left in America.

you're part of a franchise that caused thousands of dollars in damage to my brand new car and is refusing to replace what their worthless mechanic admitted to the indy mechanic that they broke by not following Ford procedure. Now we have to spend money on a lawyer on top of my car being off the road for weeks waiting for parts they owe me.
COOL. I dont know anything about that. Ive been here about 6mo from another dealership and i dont think I've worked with you. My customers enjoy us but understand where you are coming from, anyway yea come see me guys. I'll be more than happy to help yall out.
Sponsored