Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It usually sets after 10-15 miles. I find that driving on the highway around 70 for 5-10 minutes works best. I did have an issue where it never set and Brandon sent me a revision. I also have a jlt and 18 manifold.
I think I may need a revision. I'll give a highway drive a shot again since I re-flashed. Brandon did my flex tune as well.
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I think I may need a revision. I'll give a highway drive a shot again since I re-flashed. Brandon did my flex tune as well.
Yea, I asked about it and they were just like keep driving so i logged it for about 30mins of driving and it never set. Once I sent him the log he just revised it. It seems like they blame the customer most of the time and the issues i've had were mostly tuning by them.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yea, I asked about it and they were just like keep driving so i logged it for about 30mins of driving and it never set. Once I sent him the log he just revised it. It seems like they blame the customer most of the time and the issues i've had were mostly tuning by them.
I literally had one log done on 93 gas with the flex tune, then once I finished with that, E85 and a solid hard pull on that. Told me it looked good. Tested E85R, said it looked good as well. Maybe not so good, lol. As far as how it runs, everything seems fine, AFR looks okay. The only gripe I have is I'll occasionally have my car die if I pull up to a stop light and brake too hard and shift to neutral. Hard to replicate it, but it's pretty embarrassing at the same time. Think it's happened about 3 times since I've been back on the flex tune with several RPM dips approaching stops.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just drove 50 miles since I filled up with E85. Flag never set with highway driving in 5th gear above 3k rpm. I got to a stopping point, flashed the E85R tune, then flashed the flex tune back on to trigger the relearn. First learn was 76.6%, after flashing this next time, 73.3%. Flag is still set at 0 and not learned. Think it's time for a data log and have my tuner take a look.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Just drove 50 miles since I filled up with E85. Flag never set with highway driving in 5th gear above 3k rpm. I got to a stopping point, flashed the E85R tune, then flashed the flex tune back on to trigger the relearn. First learn was 76.6%, after flashing this next time, 73.3%. Flag is still set at 0 and not learned. Think it's time for a data log and have my tuner take a look.
When you say learned it’s the max it read but not set the flag right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
When you say learned it’s the max it read but not set the flag right?
That's correct. It will settle on a value, but the flag won't flip.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Easiest way to get it to set is to go for a drive where you can keep a steady throttle for longer periods of time. That should set it fairly quick. I wasn't a huge fan of the FF tune. Better off just getting a 93 and a E85R tune and being done with it. As long as you wait until 1/8 tank or so to switch you should be fine.
More and more I'm starting to agree with this.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
More and more I'm starting to agree with this.
Instead of driving, I just idled after a reflash and did rev holds in intervals for about 10 minutes. Alch % reading 88.2% and no longer moving up and down. Learn flag still 0. STFT seems to be bouncing quite a bit at idle.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Instead of driving, I just idled after a reflash and did rev holds in intervals for about 10 minutes. Alch % reading 88.2% and no longer moving up and down. Learn flag still 0. STFT seems to be bouncing quite a bit at idle.
A little odd that the learn flag won't change. I never bothered with any of that. I can see the AFR on the dash settle down so I knew when it was time.

The alc % remember is just an inferred value and is dependent on the tuning with your MAF curve. And also the car has adaptive learning and thus learns over time. Send Lund some datalogs. I would say try a KAM reset but with that high ethanol % your first start is going to be wild lol. I don't recommend doing that.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
A little odd that the learn flag won't change. I never bothered with any of that. I can see the AFR on the dash settle down so I knew when it was time.

The alc % remember is just an inferred value and is dependent on the tuning with your MAF curve. And also the car has adaptive learning and thus learns over time. Send Lund some datalogs. I would say try a KAM reset but with that high ethanol % your first start is going to be wild lol. I don't recommend doing that.
Yeah, I already had some really rough idles before the learning started, AFR was at 18 and it almost sounded like a cam lope at 600 rpm sputtering.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Yeah, I already had some really rough idles before the learning started, AFR was at 18 and it almost sounded like a cam lope at 600 rpm sputtering.
From my experience after a flash or a kam reset, with e85 in the car, AFR will start at 14 then go up to 18 and then start learning and going below 14. After a few attempts of just idling and rev holding I gave up. The alch flag never went off from just rev holds or idling. This is true even after I got a revision for it.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
From my experience after a flash or a kam reset, with e85 in the car, AFR will start at 14 then go up to 18 and then start learning and going below 14. After a few attempts of just idling and rev holding I gave up. The alch flag never went off from just rev holds or idling. This is true even after I got a revision for it.
Exactly how mine is yet everything seems to be working as it should.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
When I was running the flex, the most important thing was to be steady but in the throttle some. Get to around .30 - .40 air load and it would learn pretty quick. Any time you are off the throttle and DFCO is active (AFR goes to 20.0 on dash) it won't learn. I am at work and don't have my laptop, but there are some other requirements for it to set the ALC flag.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
When I was running the flex, the most important thing was to be steady but in the throttle some. Get to around .30 - .40 air load and it would learn pretty quick. Any time you are off the throttle and DFCO is active (AFR goes to 20.0 on dash) it won't learn. I am at work and don't have my laptop, but there are some other requirements for it to set the ALC flag.
After I flashed the E85R then back to flex at a gas station off the interstate I stopped at, I had my cruise control set at 75 mph in 5th gear on the highway and drove like that for 15 miles and couldn't get it to set. I was sitting at about 3500 rpm during that time.

ehazel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
After I flashed the E85R then back to flex at a gas station off the interstate I stopped at, I had my cruise control set at 75 mph in 5th gear on the highway and drove like that for 15 miles and couldn't get it to set. I was sitting at about 3500 rpm during that time.
Hey Fellow Austinite!

Where are you getting your E85 from? I'm having the exact issues as you are but I am tuned by AED using sct. (Extremely difficult Flex relearns, Surging idle/stalling at low speeds) I wonder if there is some bad E85 in the area? Ive been getting mine at the HEB at techridge but I'm going to try some different stations/brands in the hopes to resolve these issues.(Or at least verify its not a fuel issue)
Sponsored