Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Hi everyone,

I sold my 17 roush stage 2 in feb and really miss it. I wanted more power out of it thought, now that I’m looking again, i’m Going with a gt350.

I found a 1yr old 17, magnetic with black stripes. 7k miles. I’m getting it for 49 + TLR.

A couple things make me a bit nervous. The shifter vibrates a lot during acceleration. THere is also a random tap, like someone tapping sheet metal firmly with a finger, at highway speeds. Seems to be coming from drivers side front.

The dealer is going to have its ford dealer check it our and let me know if the car has ever been damaged and take care of the tap noise and shifter vibration.

With this much money on a used car, i’m Really trying to protect myself. Car is not a CPO.

Anything I should check when i’m With the car tomorrow? I realize i have no way of knowing whether its an oil burner that the previous owner dumped, but it is under warranty for 2 more full years.

THanks,
Richard
Sponsored

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi everyone,

I sold my 17 roush stage 2 in feb and really miss it. I wanted more power out of it thought, now that I’m looking again, i’m Going with a gt350.

I found a 1yr old 17, magnetic with black stripes. 7k miles. I’m getting it for 49 + TLR.

A couple things make me a bit nervous. The shifter vibrates a lot during acceleration. THere is also a random tap, like someone tapping sheet metal firmly with a finger, at highway speeds. Seems to be coming from drivers side front.

The dealer is going to have its ford dealer check it our and let me know if the car has ever been damaged and take care of the tap noise and shifter vibration.

With this much money on a used car, i’m Really trying to protect myself. Car is not a CPO.

Anything I should check when i’m With the car tomorrow? I realize i have no way of knowing whether its an oil burner that the previous owner dumped, but it is under warranty for 2 more full years.

THanks,
Richard
Ask the Ford dealer for an OASIS warranty report and you will see if it has experienced and bad issues in the past

Great luck to you !

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I will. With it being a manual, could it be overrevved? Can a dealer check for that condition?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I wouldn't buy a car that had any issues on a test drive.

With so many GT350's for sale, there will ALWAYS be another.

I'd rather start out on the right foot with a car that drives 100% right, not having the dealer fix issues before I've even driven her off the lot.

Just my 0.02.

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I tend to agree, since i dont know what’s causing the issue, the dealer is having its ford store inspect the car for a short list of things, including accidental damages, so i can have confidence to move forward.

I’m expecting to talk with the mechanic over the phone to hear his opinion. I want to know if the car has any damage, if the engine was overrevved, Launched(how many times), and if there’s a fix for the buzzy center console/stack.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
It turns out, from service records, the sync unit was replaced. That would explain the center stack excessive vibration. I’ll ask them to have their dealer go through it and see if anything is loose.

I’m going to ask them to make sure it doesn’t have any tunes on it as well. There’s a lot you need to do to protect yourself when buying a used car.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
This is not like a Porsche with a DME report to count over revs, with time elapsed. Least I don't think so. Don't think it counts launches like Nissan does with the GTR either.....

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the lack of sophistication. I’ve owned 911’s before and my last car was an R8. I’m used to checking these things as a clue to how the vehicle was driven.

In the end, I’m going to have to have some trust in the Dodge dealer that the vehicle wasn’t in an accident and that the little issues will be taken care of. They already agreed to fix whatever was causing the knock in the left front at hwy speeds. Car handled fine overall.

If they confirm no accidental damage, fix the stack vibration, and knock. I’m buying it. Overall, it appears to be a decent deal at 49k.

I think they didn’t certify it at their ford store because I understand certifying gt350’s is pretty expensive for dealers. They may not get the value back when it sells.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Me too, two 911's....and when a dealer wont show me a DME report or wants to charge me to get it.....I walk away.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
After having to go through an oil consumption test and engine replacement, my advice would be to ask for a compression and leak down test or at the very minimum checking the spark plugs for carbon. Esp cylinders 1, 2, &3. Drive the car and then visually inspect the exhaust tips for soot. May be over kill but it's going to save you time and money down the road.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the advice, I’ll check that out

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Get the piece of mind by buying your car directly from an owner.

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
AB0149AA-6C70-43E0-ABB1-82B6858151AC.jpeg
B04297B4-DED5-4A36-B72C-93EE9A120C1A.jpeg
Everything checking out. Waiting on paperwork

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
v nice ! but stripes are aftermarket... no biggie, I actually like them that way.

OP
OP
Digitalwiz

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Ahh. I see that. I like it better
Sponsored