Sponsored

Interesting GT500 color combination - Twister Orange with Kona Blue stripes

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Yes I think Ford has done away with the little spoiler. If so then this is how it would be.
Base car with swing spoiler.

Handling package car with swing spoiler, added gurney flap and adjustable strut mounts.

Carbon fiber track pack car with GT4 wing, front wickers and maybe the adjustable strut mounts also.
While I agree that makes more sense, just 2 spoilers, have you seen anything to believe that?
The Ford photos showed the 3 spoilers.
-J
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
While I agree that makes more sense, just 2 spoilers, have you seen anything to believe that?
The Ford photos showed the 3 spoilers.
-J
In a interview with Carl Widmann a few days ago he talked about the base swing spoiler on the GT500.
Also we have not seen any GT500s driving around with the small spoiler for quite some time.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
But.... (as you know) the Ford Performance catalog will be getting hit-up quite hard, for all those aftermarket GT500 parts..!
I hope so. FR had quite the fail with the GT350. The TB they bandied about never reached fruition, nor did the TracKey they advertised in their catalog. A $2k+ Borla exhaust system, a weak shifter, and some oil separators were about it. Hopefully someone was tasked with developing parts over the past two years and we see something a bit more concrete this time around.

Yes I think Ford has done away with the little spoiler. If so then this is how it would be.
Base car with swing spoiler.

Handling package car with swing spoiler, added gurney flap and adjustable strut mounts.

Carbon fiber track pack car with GT4 wing, front wickers and maybe the adjustable strut mounts also.
Haven't we seen Handling Package cars (and possibly base cars) with the front splitter wickers too?

...we have not seen any GT500s driving around with the small spoiler for quite some time.
This has not gone unnoticed. It has not been easy figuring out everything Base or Handling Package. I'm still hoping for an all black, cloth Recaro being available on the lesser cars too. They were shown on some Ford media release cars but I've not seen them since.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I hope so. FR had quite the fail with the GT350. The TB they bandied about never reached fruition, nor did the TracKey they advertised in their catalog. A $2k+ Borla exhaust system, a weak shifter, and some oil separators were about it. Hopefully someone was tasked with developing parts over the past two years and we see something a bit more concrete this time around.

Haven't we seen Handling Package cars (and possibly base cars) with the front splitter wickers too?
I don’t think so?
I believe the online dealer ford e source info said something like that though.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 2020GT500z.jpg

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Yes that is what I meant.
Of course Ford could of changed it by now but who knows.
I have a couple of those GT500 brochures.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With CF Track Package cars being limited, it'll be interesting to see which sells in greater numbers, Base or Handling Package.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am amazed how good looking the Ford stylist and designers can make such great color combinations like Twister Orange with blue racing stripes. I now am pleased Ford took so long to make everything look so very good and functional.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

eighty6gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I drove a 4200 lb car with a 560 hp v8, 7 speed DCT on the weekend. It was

BORING.

I'm hoping the GT500 really whips the camel's ass. 200 hp should help, and some noise. I don't know how much under 4000 it will come in at...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I drove a 4200 lb car with a 560 hp v8, 7 speed DCT on the weekend. It was

BORING.
I'm hoping the GT500 really whips the camel's ass. 200 hp should help, and some noise. I don't know how much under 4000 it will come in at...
What car? My last car was a 3600lbs V8 RWD DCT 560rwhp and it was an amazingly fun animal.. ( and ran 10.5/133mph all day)

who is this mike dean dangutang!?!?
Hes a test driver for ford

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
A_Bau3 posted this in the GT350 section.
Sponsored