Sponsored

How badly is Ford struggling?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I never said all V8s you need to learn how to read:lipssealed:
No, you're right, you said "If they had V8s across the line up, that would help."

So, not all V8s, just V8s in every vehicle, in every segment. Uh huh.

JR
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you switch brands are it means you aren't a "die hard" anything. The brand you came from or the brand you went to.
Semantics

"Mazda fan, buyer, promoter,investor, etc."... is that better? Doesn't quite ring the same bell, and sure is a mouthful, but at least nobody can argue god damn semantics on a preference now :shrug:

I think the Mazda Miata isn't a bad car but would it kill them to put a turbo 2.0 in there? Widen the tires a little, decent brakes - with 250+ HP that car would be awesome.

Mazda is totally resting on their laurels with that car.
The Miata was never about power. The Miata is staying within its roots as a fun, lightweight car that you can toss around.

In an interview with Mazda’s lead development engineer for the US-spec Miata, he suggested it doesn’t fit in with the spirit of the vehicle. And I agree with him. For example, with a manual transmission, the 2016 Miata weighs as little as 2,332 lbs. There aren't many cars near this weight. It doesn't need more power when you have so little weight to get going.
Like EBM said, the Miata isn't about power. It's about a pure driving experience, and being able to have fun and feel on the edge without breaking the speed limit. I personally think 180hp is MORE than enough in a 2300lb driver's car... hell, I have LOADS of fun in my little ZX2 with a bit less power and a bit less weight in a FWD platform. But even so, if you REALLY want a Miata with a turbo engine (ew), you also have the Fiat 124 Abarth

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not advocating for Mazda to get rid of the Miata as it is. I wish they would build an "R" version or something with 70-100 more hp and whatever other changes are needed. They could charge big bucks for it if they did it well. I usually stay away from Japanese brands and 4 cylinder cars, but if Mazda did that I would be seriously tempted.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Ford is trimming the fat and stopping the bleeding so to speak with all the cuts...

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I'm not advocating for Mazda to get rid of the Miata as it is. I wish they would build an "R" version or something with 70-100 more hp and whatever other changes are needed. They could charge big bucks for it if they did it well. I usually stay away from Japanese brands and 4 cylinder cars, but if Mazda did that I would be seriously tempted.
That is pretty much what got me into my Mazda6. Always thought it was a good looking car but lacked on power. When they put the 2.5T in it with 250HP and 310 LB Ft I was sold

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Might want to go on a Miata forum seems like they have a ton of transmission issues. People here are dying over a tick already :shock:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Might want to go on a Miata forum seems like they have a ton of transmission issues. People here are dying over a tick already :shock:
I have noticed that my 'vette makes less valvetrain noise than the Coyote or Voodoo, but the engine is oh so boring. Basically a truck engine. At least it's a V8, I guess.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have noticed that my 'vette makes less valvetrain noise than the Coyote or Voodoo, but the engine is oh so boring. Basically a truck engine. At least it's a V8, I guess.
Oh you bought a Z06? Nice! The LS2 I have is boring stock I really miss my 5.0. Still a fast car though. When I do mod it I will go all out.
Sponsored