Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Try to order a regular GT with the PP2 and get back to me on that.
What do you think is so different about PP2? They aren't an allocated vehicle like the Bullitt or Shelby submodels. You can order PP2 just like literally any other standard Mustang GT

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
What do you think is so different about PP2? They aren't an allocated vehicle like the Bullitt or Shelby submodels. You can order PP2 just like literally any other standard Mustang GT
Every Mustang requires an allocation. When I ordered mine, my dealer specifically told me he had an allocation for a Mustang w/ PP1, but he had to call in a favor with the regional rep for my PP2 order. It may have had to do with Magneride, which was a controlled commodity at the time, or the fact that Ford had limited the number of PP2 builds in 2018. I know them pretty well. They had no reason to lie to me. They came through on their word when a number of other PP2 orders were being cancelled. What are you basing your information on?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Every Mustang requires an allocation. When I ordered mine, my dealer specifically told me he had an allocation for a Mustang w/ PP1, but he had to call in a favor with the regional rep for my PP2 order. It may have had to do with Magneride, which was a controlled commodity at the time, or the fact that Ford had limited the number of PP2 builds in 2018. I know them pretty well. They had no reason to lie to me. They came through on their word when a number of other PP2 orders were being cancelled. What are you basing your information on?
It probably was just the magride shortage responsible. They didn't have an allocation for a PP1, they had an allocation for any GT that they decided to spend on a PP1. PP2 doesn't have a specific allocation process, and it wasn't limited production. When I was ordering mine, I was seriously considering PP2. Ultimately, me not getting it came down to me not wanting to spend over $50k on a car right before moving to a different country and not knowing was my expenses would be like (ultimately a bad call, because I have plenty enough play money to spare that I could've jumped for PP2), but my dealership told me that since they already had my allocation confirmed for a GT, I could change my mind at any point up until the build start date. They told me PP2 allocations aren't specific, they're just counted as any other GT. Though, the magride shortage could've caused a complication

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
It probably was just the magride shortage responsible. They didn't have an allocation for a PP1, they had an allocation for any GT that they decided to spend on a PP1. PP2 doesn't have a specific allocation process, and it wasn't limited production. When I was ordering mine, I was seriously considering PP2. Ultimately, me not getting it came down to me not wanting to spend over $50k on a car right before moving to a different country and not knowing was my expenses would be like (ultimately a bad call, because I have plenty enough play money to spare that I could've jumped for PP2), but my dealership told me that since they already had my allocation confirmed for a GT, I could change my mind at any point up until the build start date. They told me PP2 allocations aren't specific, they're just counted as any other GT. Though, the magride shortage could've caused a complication
Yes, the allocation they had was for any Mustang. I wanted the PP2, but was considering a PP1. I actually never got into the conversation about PP1 with Magneride because they thought they could probably make the PP2 happen. But, you are incorrect about limited production for the PP2 for 2018. Ford publicly announced they were limited to no more 1,500 units, although I'd be surprised with all of the Magneride issues in 2018 if that many were actually made. In addition, because of the SC2 tires Ford will not build them during the winter months which also limits their availability. It really isn't quite like just ordering a regular GT.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the allocation they had was for any Mustang. I wanted the PP2, but was considering a PP1. I actually never got into the conversation about PP1 with Magneride because they thought they could probably make the PP2 happen. But, you are incorrect about limited production for the PP2 for 2018. Ford publicly announced they were limited to no more 1,500 units, although I'd be surprised with all of the Magneride issues in 2018 if that many were actually made. In addition, because of the SC2 tires Ford will not build them during the winter months which also limits their availability. It really isn't quite like just ordering a regular GT.
Source for this public announcement? I'm 99% sure this had never been said by Ford, as it's not a limited production vehicle that requires a special allocation. Hell, even the Bullitt isn't limited production, there's no reason a PP2 would be.

Also, yes, the SC2-equipped cars not being made in the winter months does make ordering a bit different, but it still doesn't make it any more difficult to get a PP2 ordered. You'll just have to wait until they can build it (I had to do this with my order since I was seriously considering PP2... order was placed in July 2017, revised in October 2017 after the release of the PP2 but then couldn't be built until March 2018, then revised to get rid of PP2 in March 2018 due to me changing my mind)

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Source for this public announcement? I'm 99% sure this had never been said by Ford, as it's not a limited production vehicle that requires a special allocation. Hell, even the Bullitt isn't limited production, there's no reason a PP2 would be.

Also, yes, the SC2-equipped cars not being made in the winter months does make ordering a bit different, but it still doesn't make it any more difficult to get a PP2 ordered. You'll just have to wait until they can build it (I had to do this with my order since I was seriously considering PP2... order was placed in July 2017, revised in October 2017 after the release of the PP2 but then couldn't be built until March 2018, then revised to get rid of PP2 in March 2018 due to me changing my mind)
full.png

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What's the source? This is the ONLY place I've ever seen this said, and it's not even out of a Ford rep's mouth. It wouldn't be the first time I saw a website say something conflicting with the real information (you know how many times it was said that the Bullitt was going to be limited production?)

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I believe that was an Autoweek article, which I would consider credible since they are out of Detroit. That's not the only place I've seen that either. Since you seem to be so all knowing, how about you provide a reliable source that says otherwise.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that was an Autoweek article, which I would consider credible since they are out of Detroit. That's not the only place I've seen that either. Since you seem to be so all knowing, how about you provide a reliable source that says otherwise.
So what you're saying is that you don't know the source, don't know a single other source that has reported the same, and know that this has never been said directly by Ford. Looking through every article and piece of Ford literature I can find regarding the PP2, I can't find a single except that says it's limited production. Don't you think if it really were limited production, it would be mentioned SOMEWHERE by Ford (like it is on the Bullitt, GT350, and GT500), or have some sort of numbering system (like it is on the Bullitt, GT350, and GT500), or require a specific allocation (like it is on the Bullitt, GT350, and GT500), etc? Let's use some common sense here

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
So what you're saying is that you don't know the source, don't know a single other source that has reported the same, and know that this has never been said directly by Ford. Looking through every article and piece of Ford literature I can find regarding the PP2, I can't find a single except that says it's limited production. Don't you think if it really were limited production, it would be mentioned SOMEWHERE by Ford (like it is on the Bullitt, GT350, and GT500), or have some sort of numbering system (like it is on the Bullitt, GT350, and GT500), or require a specific allocation (like it is on the Bullitt, GT350, and GT500), etc? Let's use some common sense here
Wtf? Can't you read? AUTOWEEK!
You can believe what you want. I don't really care. I'm done here. I've provided a source. You have provided nothing. Moving on.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Autoweek is not Ford, it's autoweek. Ford themselves have not said anything about limited production, and not a single other source has said anything about it. That makes Autoweek the outlier, and would lead any sensible person to believe that it's an error

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
PP2 being 'limited' is a laugh. At least in an official capacity as opposed to a side-effect of say Ford only ordering 40,000 MR shocks in a model year and thus can only build 10000 cars with them installed. The 350/R chews thru around 3000 of that which leaves 7000 EB/GT/Bullitt cars that can be built with that option.

You want to talk about pretty rare - try to find an EB+PP+MR. PP2 cars sit on lots for quite some time, no doubt because they are only discounted 5% (like it was some kind of Shelby) vs 10+ for the non-equipped PP and down-trim models.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The GT cost $6k more than the 2.3 HPO...
How do you know the GT costs $6k more than the HPO? Pricing isn't released yet, and when it is, I'd bet quite a sum of money that the gap will be quite a bit less than that after the handling package is added on
We do know what a fully loaded PP2 cost is, and we also what a fully loaded EB w/magnerides cost... the HPO will cost about $1.5k and another $3k for the handling package. Can you do rough math? Or without knowing.. you are unable to calculate? You still angry? Mad?
Your pricing, however, is off from reality. The HPO is more than just the engine, it's also an appearance package (GT/CS package alone is $1500, and this comes with all the same upgrades) and comes standard with active exhaust ($900). That's at least $2400 in the HPO ALONE. Then, add in the handling pack (which it'll need to come anywhere near a base GT in at least 1 aspect), which includes all of the PP2 ($6500 option) goodies and will likely require 101A ($2000) for the toggle switch, and you're at $10,900, which makes the HPO $2k more than the base GT.
Hate to say "I told ya so", but...

I FREAKING TOLD YA SO! :ROFL:

http://fordauthority.com/2019/05/2020-mustang-2-3l-high-performance-package-costs-4995/

Just in case you end up having trouble with the math again...
HPO- $5k
Handling package- $2k
101A required for handling package- $2k
Base price of EB- $26,395
Total for EB HPO + handling package- $35,395
Base price of GT- $35,355

So yeah, your precious HPO is going to cost MORE than a GT, and will still be slower. Sorry bud

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
But, does the BASE 2020 EB come with the new engine (330 HP) or the old one?
Another words, can I buy a base with 330 HP and not opt for HPP to save $5K?

Or is Ford selling two versions of EB, one with old engine and one packaged as HPP with the new engine?
Sponsored