Sponsored

Sound difference between welded in and Lethal performance?

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 OW/Blue Stripes
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking at just having a shop cut out the resonator and replace it with some stainless straight pipes. Will there be a sound difference between that and the Lethal Performance X pipe?
Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I am looking at just having a shop cut out the resonator and replace it with some stainless straight pipes. Will there be a sound difference between that and the Lethal Performance X pipe?
I'm not sure you would get much of a difference in sound between LP Xpipe and just plain removing the resonators and replacing with stainless. I did the latter as I didn't want to spend the $$$$ for an aftermarket product. It will be louder either way and I'm happy with the sound of mine.:like:

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I doubt there is much difference in sound. I installed the Lethal Performance resonator delete last week. It was a quality piece. There were no instructions in lieu of an online video that gives you the proper cut length. I was on the fence for a year because i don't like the extra rasp in videos. But after doing it and hearing it in person I like it a lot. I actually prefer the clamped x pipe as opposed to welded in like it is stock. It will make for much easier exhaust removal in the future if needed.

OP
OP
Abschatten

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 OW/Blue Stripes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
Sponsored