Happy Memorial Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I know this isn't quite the same thing as Veteran's day, but if you serve/served, I still want to thank you because you were willing to put your life on the line for me, and the rest of us here in the United States. Stay safe out there :flag:
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Memorial Day honors service members who have been killed in action.
Today is not about furniture sales or getting the best price on a Kia, it’s about reflection and remembrance...and thinking about the families of those who gave all.

Veteran’s Day is a tribute to those who have served in the Armed Forces.

EJS2016
USAF, NC
‘94-‘02

OP
OP
CrashOverride

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you for your service. My father was in the USAF (WPAFB) in the late 70's, served as a civilian (Army) in Desert Storm, and still works as a civilian at the Army. A high-ranking former service member opened up the sermon yesterday for my Church. He informed us that more than 600,000 servicemen gave their life for us. While I prefer not to cite Wikipedia, they have a page which shows the breakdown by numbers, and they are, in fact, staggering:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

May they all rest in peace and Godspeed to current and future servicemen!

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Many people forget the true intent of the holiday. These selfless souls gave th ultimate sacrifice to uphold our freedom. So hopefully for a moment we can all reflect on those I close to us who have served and given the ultimate sacrifice. Today in Honolulu we have a special ceremony at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific to honor those who left this earth so we can enjoy the freedoms that we sometimes take as a given. May they Rest In Peace.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
A 90 year old Korean Vet was laid to rest at a local cemetery Saturday. He had no family in the area. A distant relative requested a local news station ask for people to attend since they were too far away to make the trip. Over 400 were able to be graveside at the service. At least half that number again if not more were trying to get in to pay respects and held in place due to the overwhelming turnout. We waited in line over 2 hours to drive by the grave after the service to pay respect though we arrived 30 minutes before the service was to start in hopes to be grave side. It was an awesome thing to see so many people take the afternoon to pay respects to a man they more than likely did not know.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I spent 2 years on the Little Rock AFB Honor Guard and presented the folded flag to next-of-kin about 200 times. There was nothing particularly complicated about that job, but sometimes the simplest job is the toughest one.

OP
OP
CrashOverride

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I spent 2 years on the Little Rock AFB Honor Guard and presented the folded flag to next-of-kin about 200 times. There was nothing particularly complicated about that job, but sometimes the simplest job is the toughest one.
Wow, what a difficult thing to do. Thank you for your service!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.