Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Took her out for 100 mile spin before the rain came in. Noting but twisty roads. Some corners so sharp I had to look out the side window to see where I was going :)
The new billet shift knob gets a thumbs up but, that power cord for the radar detector has gotta go. I grabbed it with the shifter once in a hard curve. :shock:
IMG_0578.jpg
Depending on the manufacturer (pretty much any that use a phone cord), you can either tie into a switched source in the dash to provide juice and just run it up the passenger a-pillar to the detector. If it's a Valentine One, look into a "Savvy" which plugs into the OBD port and run the lead up the driver's a-pillar. The Savvy will automatically mute the alerts below a certain threshold. Mine's set at 30 mph.
Sponsored

Dubya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
converted to hybrid this morning. got in the car and just got clicks. jumped it, took it to work (a block away) and let it sit on trickle charge for half the day. tested the battery with our tester and it tested ok. didnt check the acid though yet. think its cause my dash cam being always on and the cars been sitting all week. need to put a switch back on it so i can turn it off when the car sits in the driveway.

61180984_1262838370558542_7773478596273766400_n.jpg

Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Baby got a wrap done. Matte Metallic Currant with Satin Grey Metallic stripes. Had a clear bra and a ceramic coat put on as well. The wrap was done by Wrapsesh in Phoenix Az.

And here is the reveal.

The Mustang's original color was Ford Race Red. That color had a bit too much orange in it for me. And red not being my favorite color to start with. So rather than spending 14k on a full paint color change. And the Mustang being gone for 2 to 3 months... I had the wrap done. I really like the Matte Metallic Currant, it's nice and deep!

Also I put the Steeda clutch spring in as well.

Let me know your thoughts on the color change.

Regards,
Dave
20190524_183558.jpg
20190524_183617.jpg
20190524_183630.jpg
20190524_183640.jpg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finished up the grills this evening. Hopefully putting them on after work tomorrow if I have the time. Thought the car/stance still looked pretty mean even without the bumper so I snapped a quick shot

Edit; rookie mistake leaving the lower grill upside down for the pic :headbang:
7E6853C2-1640-48A9-B9E2-367CEF9FCC5F.jpeg
2432CBF4-DDE4-4507-B7B9-BFF670782CF7.jpeg
E0EB7BC7-D0BE-4AE5-909D-7C6BE15C920D.jpeg

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
So I used polishing compound, polish and wax on this engine cover project. This was after I wet sanded the clear off because it gave it an uneven hazy glaze. I also shot it with three more coats on Saturday.

Whatā€™s weird to me, maybe because I didnā€™t use the clear coat again this time around, is even after I waxed it I still get blue paint transfer. I was using the buffer and the pad turned blue. I used a microfiber rag to polish it after and had paint transfer.

Iā€™m going to put another coat of polish and wax on it this weekend and see if that helps. And then apply the metallic stickers.

Edit - forgot to attach the pic.
2EF89C2A-AEA7-4156-8FA8-B6BAD93E9821.jpeg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Not sure if this was directed at me, but I was unable to serve. I am a historian as a lifelong hobby who specializes in military and naval history. Iā€™m making my car as a tribute to bring attention to Veterans and hopefully raise money for as well as bring awareness to causes that will help them. Iā€™m using my own money so itā€™s a slow process but itā€™s coming along.
You're doing a great job there, Stam616. I'm a retired military aviator, and every time I see a pic of your car I want to jump in it and go hunt some Me-109's and FW-190's. :like:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
You're doing a great job there, Stam616. I'm a retired military aviator, and every time I see a pic of your car I want to jump in it and go hunt some Me-109's and FW-190's. :like:
Now THATs the best compliment I could get. Thank you Sir, for your service and sacrifice. When Iā€™m really finished Iā€™m sure it will make you and others proud.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
So I used polishing compound, polish and wax on this engine cover project. This was after I wet sanded the clear off because it gave it an uneven hazy glaze. I also shot it with three more coats on Saturday.

Whatā€™s weird to me, maybe because I didnā€™t use the clear coat again this time around, is even after I waxed it I still get blue paint transfer. I was using the buffer and the pad turned blue. I used a microfiber rag to polish it after and had paint transfer.

Iā€™m going to put another coat of polish and wax on it this weekend and see if that helps. And then apply the metallic stickers.
It sounds like you're confused about the difference between a polish and wax and what they are for. They are not used interchangeably.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Since it's not clear coated, even a wax will take some paint off simply due to the friction on the paint, if the friction level is high enough.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

Edit - forgot to attach the pic.
2EF89C2A-AEA7-4156-8FA8-B6BAD93E9821.jpeg

Iā€™m sorry but that thing looks like a tiny spaceship from Star Wars. Iā€™d just hang it on the wall in my garage and not put it back on the engine.

There I finally said it. I feel better and sorry for the harsh words :whew:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally got some free time so I bolted on the Steeda 2 piece rotors. They look soooo good
inlove.gif
I just gotta find a way to clean up the oxidation on the caliper now...
20190528_213044x.jpg
20190528_213128x.jpg

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m sorry but that thing looks like a tiny spaceship from Star Wars. Iā€™d just hang it on the wall in my garage and not put it back on the engine.

There I finally said it. I feel better and sorry for the harsh words :whew:
haha not harsh at all. I'm not exactly a fan of them either. That's why I am trying to make it somewhat more appealing to me. I don't like the look of the engine without the cover either so I until I have a Whipple sitting up there this is my life lol

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)