Sponsored

PBD Tune

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I got Trevor from PBD, who i think is really a contractor for PBD, and communication wasn't the best. Sometimes days before a response and tune update. I also think my concerns weren't really adressed, he basically sent me a canned tune with minor modifications. Every time i would mention something he would say its the same file running on other cars in the 10's NA.

I also only made 471whp SAE corrected with the final e85 tune, on the lower side compared to others with similar mods.

So i have a car that shifts super hard in regular traffic and cant even go WOT without turning off traction control completely off.

I guess its my fault for buying a base car without drive modes, it does seem like the tune is punishing me for that.

If i were to do it again i would try Lund. But if I'm tied to PBD, i would ask for Rob or someone who works physically at PBD in case i want to drive there.
Actually the tuner should be able to set up the firmness/aggressiveness how you want it. Mine is base car (no toggles) and my “drive” runs like stock (soft shifts part throttle) in normal non wot driving. I had them set my “sport” in auto as my drag balz to the wall mode. Just pull back when I want it. Plus I can actually unplug my nannies at airbox without losing drag mode. Fyi...

I did not realize you were base car. Have you unplugged it yet? That should stop any hesitation if your tune is right.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
You’re talking about a couple hp in reversions. Unless you have some extremely unique setup (not bolt on stuff) tuners have a database built with setups they’ve already tuned.

I went thru Trevor. He was not the most chatty or bubbly lol the tune is great and that’s all that matters
In less concerned with the few HP in revisions and more concerned with drivability. I’m going to try and reach out to rob himself

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In less concerned with the few HP in revisions and more concerned with drivability. I’m going to try and reach out to rob himself
What mods do you have that you think the drivability is going to be so hard to dial in?

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
What mods do you have that you think the drivability is going to be so hard to dial in?
Nothing out of the ordinary but I want to avoid potential issues and get the best possible outcome i can get It seems most here think that because it is a good tune and is functional then I should be happy. While I want the best tune I can possibly get, I come from the world of turbo cars where a tune can make or break your setup.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nothing out of the ordinary but I want to avoid potential issues and get the best possible outcome i can get It seems most here think that because it is a good tune and is functional then I should be happy. While I want the best tune I can possibly get, I come from the world of turbo cars where a tune can make or break your setup.
Let me tell you a little secret, but don’t tell anyone. Trevor isn’t really the tuner behind the tune, Rob made the tunes. Everything about drivability was already tweaked and decided by Rob himself. The person physically sending you the tube is Trevor. If the tune requires a simple change such as a different maf curve or some fueling tweaking, Trevor will do that. That is all that the tuners under big name tuners do.

You honestly come off as just whiny and annoying, so hounding Rob personally will probably hurt your case even more. If you want 1:1 tuning with the main tuner, go FI or get a tune from AED or Sai Li. That is not how Lund or PBD work for NA tunes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Let me tell you a little secret, but don’t tell anyone. Trevor isn’t really the tuner behind the tune, Rob made the tunes. Everything about drivability was already tweaked and decided by Rob himself. The person physically sending you the tube is Trevor. If the tune requires a simple change such as a different maf curve or some fueling tweaking, Trevor will do that. That is all that the tuners under big name tuners do.

You honestly come off as just whiny and annoying, so hounding Rob personally will probably hurt your case even more. If you want 1:1 tuning with the main tuner, go FI or get a tune from AED or Sai Li. That is not how Lund or PBD work for NA tunes.
I’m whiny because I want a tune from a specific tuner and I’m willing to pay extra for that tuner?

And again I understand how these canned tunes work. Trevor vs Rob isn’t the biggest deal in the world, I’m sure Trevor tunes these cars just fine. I was simply asking how those on this forum that have had rob tune their NA cars got in touch to request him.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
If your paying for it, you have every right to request someone specific, it is your money at the end of the day even though it is the same files.

When I used PBD I had Trevor, had a pleasant experience with him. Answered promptly as well. This was last summer.

I have used both PBD and Lund. Both give good support, Lund IMO is more helpful as far as mods and what not to waste your money on ie; CAI on a N/A car.. Lund also has a FB support group
where all of our silly questions and concerns that pop up can be answered by Jon or others.

Whatever you do, do not go to a tuner on the island...

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
If your paying for it, you have every right to request someone specific, it is your money at the end of the day even though it is the same files.

When I used PBD I had Trevor, had a pleasant experience with him. Answered promptly as well. This was last summer.

I have used both PBD and Lund. Both give good support, Lund IMO is more helpful as far as mods and what not to waste your money on ie; CAI on a N/A car.. Lund also has a FB support group
where all of our silly questions and concerns that pop up can be answered by Jon or others.

Whatever you do, do not go to a tuner on the island...
Which tuner had your car running better both at WOT and while driving under normal conditions. Also which trans do you have

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Which tuner had your car running better both at WOT and while driving under normal conditions. Also which trans do you have
Had 93 OCT with PBD and E85/Flex with Lund.

A10 trans

Both were good, hard to compare since E85/Flex is where you see the most significant difference over stock and I have only used Lund for E85/Flex.

You have access to some great E85 stations here on the island. I would go with Lund purely for the Flex tune, which is decent bump over 93 tune as you will see same max timing at WOT with the flex while using E85, plus you can mix fuels or change at anytime when your tank is near empty, very convenient.

You can't go wrong with both, but I chose Lund this time around because I wanted the flex tune so I can rather run 93, e85 or a mix of both without changing tunes.

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Had 93 OCT with PBD and E85/Flex with Lund.

A10 trans

Both were good, hard to compare since E85/Flex is where you see the most significant difference over stock and I have only used Lund for E85/Flex.

You have access to some great E85 stations here on the island. I would go with Lund purely for the Flex tune, which is decent bump over 93 tune as you will see same max timing at WOT with the flex while using E85, plus you can mix fuels or change at anytime when your tank is near empty, very convenient.

You can't go wrong with both, but I chose Lund this time around because I wanted the flex tune so I can rather run 93, e85 or a mix of both without changing tunes.
I do have access to e85 and plan on going with it. The flex fuel being slower to ramp up timing is what ruins it for me, For that reason I plan on having both a 93 and then a e85 specific tune.

Last question, how did each tune affect your 10r80.

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I do have access to e85 and plan on going with it. The flex fuel being slower to ramp up timing is what ruins it for me, For that reason I plan on having both a 93 and then a e85 specific tune.

Last question, how did each tune affect your 10r80.
Shifts are firm, definitely can be near neck snapping when you punch it.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Nice, no noticeable difference between Lund and PBD
No real difference as far as driving around.

Support wise, I felt Lund is much more honest and upfront in general.

If you go 93, becareful where you fill up, had significant knock on the 93 pbd tune, had to mix in cam 2 to calm it down.

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
No real difference as far as driving around.

Support wise, I felt Lund is much more honest and upfront in general.

If you go 93, becareful where you fill up, had significant knock on the 93 pbd tune, had to mix in cam 2 to calm it down.
Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback from someone who has experience from both

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Actually, Ken and Trevor made my tunes and after 25 revisions between the both of them (Ken was the first 12), the car still didn't run/idle right and I was done.... ( I had to buy a Lund tune to drive my car for the summer) After a few months, I wanted what I paid for, so I specifically asked for Rob and my car ran flawless after just two revisions with Rob. It wasn't the greatest experience from PBD, but in the end I got what I paid for and will always request Rob for any other future revisions if I go FI.
Sponsored